Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

nokia amber lumia 620

Advisor
ye7ia

nokia amber lumia 620

hey everyone , i just checked the nokia amber avability website and it says that the update is available in egypt

but when i check for  updates  is says your phone is up to date

what should i do

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: nokia amber lumia 620

Update availabilty is dependent on phone variant and not the country you are in. It is possible that even though you bought and are using the phone in Egypt, it may be a variant from another country, imported privtely to Egypt. To check your phone variant, goto Settings>etras+info>more info>mobile operator

Advisor
ye7ia

mobile operrator 000-44
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

What does it say for Manufacturers name?

Advisor
ye7ia

Manufacturers name rm-846_im_mea3_294

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I know it is  Middle East variant and it is unbranded but not sure what the 44 means. The country code is usually where the 44 is. Will do some research and see. 

Advisor
ye7ia

thank you for your interest sir
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

If you goto Settings>about>phone information, is there an item labeled Carrier? If there is, what does it say?

Advisor
ye7ia

there's nothing refered to carrier there my phone is unlocked

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I can't seem to find anything on the 44 code. The 000-44 code you said earlier, 000 is where the oprrator code goes so Vodafone would be VOD here and 000 mean unbranded. 44 is where the country code is, IE for Ireland and GB for Great Britain (UK). I can't seem to find what the 44 means. Perhaps someone else in Egypt could check this code on their phone. 

BTW, did you purcase this phone from a proper authorised Nokia dealer?

Also if you still have te box, look at the top right corner of a blue label at the end of the box. The country variant should be printed there too. 

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

It's probably 059R650 - RM846 IMEA MEA3 EG LY CV

Amber is available on Nokia servers for this Product code.

Best bet would be to check with a Nokia Care Point. If they can see it's available you can choose to wait and uopdate OTA or have tem flash it for you. The latter will erase the device though.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Registered Member
Buppoon

am also a User in Egypt .... & 'am Facing the Same issue ... also ... I have the Same codes & operation Information .....  I just wanna contiue the solution ..I want to know how do I reach " Nokia Care Point " .... am really confused about this amber  ..  os there any solutions .... or alternatives to be followed .. & thanks very Much I do appreciate the effort done ......