Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: other folder is gobbling space on and on

abhibond_007

other folder is gobbling space on and on

My lumia 920 is hvng a other folder which has kept gobbling space up and it can not be deleted.the only way is to reset phone.i dunno why Microsoft and nokia is not doing anything.. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

My "Other" folder is currently at 3.32 GB but I still have just over 20 GB of free space available. So I'm not overly concerned at this stage because I've still got plenty of free space left. I'd be concerned if I only had a couple of GB's left. 

How much space is your "Other" folder using and how much free space do you have in total?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

You might want to have a read of the following thread where this topic has been discussed in more detail.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/What-is-quot-Other-quot-under-Storage/m-p/1664080/highli...

Please use plain text.
abhibond_007

I m also having 920 itself so right now m also hvng space available about 20GB bt the concern remains coz even if i m using camera to take pics n after some time even after deletion dat pic will acquire space in other folder..yyy dis is happening i dunno..it is increasing day by day.. :smileysad:

rayhipkiss wrote:

My "Other" folder is currently at 3.32 GB but I still have just over 20 GB of free space available. So I'm not overly concerned at this stage because I've still got plenty of free space left. I'd be concerned if I only had a couple of GB's left. 

How much space is your "Other" folder using and how much free space do you have in total?

Please use plain text.
abhibond_007

Nd ya i hv seen dat thread no one is able to answer correctly about it nd yes itz r8 dis should be in d concern of nokia/microsoft..
Please use plain text.
abhibond_007

my other folder is also at 3.42GB nd available memory is 19.86GB
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

abhibond_007 wrote:
Nd ya i hv seen dat thread no one is able to answer correctly about it nd yes itz r8 dis should be in d concern of nokia/microsoft..

To be fair, it's not really a concern of Nokia's because they aren't responsible for the OS, Microsoft are. And according to the information I was able to glean from that other thread I linked to a lot of what is taking up space in the Other folder is cached data from applications, maps, emails & messaging and IE10. Clearing out the cache and history for the aforementioned applications should help to manage the space being used up.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

I did some testing on my Lumia 620 and the results so far are here..

What I found seems to confirm what was posted here

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Honestly, i found that the Other storage space isn't even a concern for me either. sure, it fills up, but if you don't need an app, you uninstall it, and it uninstalls the settings and installed application files with it. i haven't had to check the memory usage of my phone in quite a while, as its not a concern.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.