Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

picture messages

Contributor
duffy01
Accepted Solution

picture messages

got a nokia lumia 710 from carphone warehouse on their network talkmobile (vodaphone?)

can't send or receive picture messages and now getting really fed up.

network setup is correct, done the market place thing - no joy, if i go to add apn all the fields are blank - how do i know what to put in?

h e l p.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

Re: picture messages

Your network provider should be able to send you the settings needed in a text :smileyhappy:

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Contributor
duffy01

got all the settings from talkmobile and internet etc all works fine but i am still unable to send picture messages.

talkmobile say it isn't a settings issue as there is no error message, the message seys "can't send media content in this message" try again

not even like its that big an issue but now i know i can't send picture messages all i want to do is send them and its driving me nuts!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You need to activate data in your settings.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
duffy01

how do i activate data in my settings?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Get the Network Setup app from Nokia Collection in the store

maybe try the forum search function sometime.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
duffy01

yeah i have already downloaded the network setup app, still no joy. i can project pictures, i can see pictures but i still can't send pictures!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Did you also run it? and when you did didi it find your carrier? if it did you should _NOT_ add custome apn settings in the app  and _NOT_ have any settings in the Mobile network setting option. These will override the default the app finds. 

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.