Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

power on/off button does not work on Lumia 800

Registered Member
pol2711

power on/off button does not work on Lumia 800

use the camera button to give it life and have to wait till the auto screen will take effect to shut it down

somebody else had or is having the same problem?

had the update removed and installed again, did not help.

Is it broken?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sneaky1983

Re: power on/off button does not work on Lumia 800

yes i experienced this also today. i went to turn on wifi, sub menu could not be accessed, so i turned phone off and wouldn't turn back on at all. left for 2 hours and tried again and turned on fine now. very strange!! but to add this has happened before and also to my girlfriends phone too.

on another note, yesterday i went to send a text message, and all my messages between yesterday and last tuesday had been deleted?? all messages before then were still viewable, but nothing else since last tuesday

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hnrh5tut

I'm experiencing the same problem - the power button seems not to work. Have you guys found a solution to this problem?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Shoey5

Try a soft reset....Hold Power + Volume Down at the same time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ppicka

Same problem here. Power button worked fine for last five months and then stopped working yesterday. Even in the diagnostics tool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxjiXO4nvnk, Hardware buttons test) is power button not working. Soft reset (power button+volume down) does nothing. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dazzavazza

Hi all, I have the same problem. The power button no longer works, all other buttons and functions appears to be working as expected. I loaded the diagnostics for the Lumia, and it also does not respond to the power button.

How can we do a reset if that button does not work? recommending to hit the power and volume down when the power button is not working is not much help! any help/reset options that dont involve using the power button?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
timg83

I have the same problem since yesterday. The phone is back to the shop to fix this issue (under warranty). Phone is just 2 months old
I find this highly unacceptable for a phone which cost 500 euro!

Now I'm back to dumbphone for 3 weeks until my Lumia returns...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chisty

my nokia lumia 800 power button  and volume up and down button is not working.Plz  help and tell us who to solve this problem

Please use plain text.
dazman9

I'm having exactly the same problem, no power button, have to use the camera to wake my phone. 
My phone is still under garentee, so its no big deal, except that theres text messages on my phone that I need as evidence in a court case next month, and I cant take a chance on losing them so I've got to put up with a semi working phone for another month.

I think the whole phone is a poor show. Had it to replace my old and dying N95, and the lumia isnt a pacth on that. I cant back my phone up to my computer, blue tooth is poor, cant save or pring text messages, the list goes on. . . 

:smileysad:

Dazman9
Please use plain text.