Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: silent mode for lumia 710

mark8188909

silent mode for lumia 710

Is there a silent mode in the lumia 710 that cuts out ALL sounds including gaming and all notifications. 

I can see by the instruction manual where to change this, and it also says silent, but there is only ring and viabrate, or viabrate only.  This does not turn off all sounds including gaming and notifications.  I unticked all boxes under sounds, however I still get live update sounds.  There should be a silent mode but I cannot see it.

Has anyone else found where this is.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi mark8188909,

When you switch silent mode on, all ringtones and alert tones are muted. Use this when you are, for example, at the cinema or in a meeting.

Press a volume key to see the volume status bar, then select ring . Silent mode  is switched on. If you have set your phone to vibrate, vibrate mode  is switched on instead of silent mode.

Set your phone to vibrate

Select basic-icon-go.jpg start-icon-settings.jpg and ringtones+sounds, and switch Vibrate to On basic-icon-toggle-on.jpg.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
mark8188909

I know how to enter silent mode, however this doesn't stop gaming sounds, and I still get status alerts.  There is nothing in ringtones and sounds regarding gaming and status alerts.  I want to turn off gaming sounds, and other app sounds.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

have you tried going into the game options and disabling the sounds from there?
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
mark8188909

I can go into each and every game and disable sounds, but when we close and reopen the game it goes back to sound on.  Unless there is a way to turn off sounds for all games.  The other thing that does not silence during silent mode is any app sounds.  I have an app for some of my university email, and this keeps beeping announcments even though the phone is apparantly on silent. 

Please use plain text.
wulland98

I can't get my nokia lumia 710 to only vibrate when i recieve a text, could you help me out ?

Please use plain text.