Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: startup screen issues on lumia 820

Contributor
Paolo85

startup screen issues on lumia 820

Hi all, i have experience a minor issue with the startup screen on my lumia 820. When i shut down the phone for a long time (such as a night) and later I start it again, the startup screen looks like a static "snowy effect" (hard to describe), then, when the startup animations end, the o.s. looks normal.

This problem happen only if I shut down the phone for a long time. If I shut down the phone and then restart it immediately the startup animations are ok.

Anyone can help me to resolve this problem? I've just try a soft reset, should i try also an hard reset?

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

That behavior does not sound normal at all. I believe that you should leave your phone on, and not off for extended periods, as it can be a bit hard to charge up if it is completely drained. However, if that is not what is happening in your scenario, would you check if you have installed any apps lately that you think may have been causing the issue? Try uninstalling them.

If you can't identify any other issues, then yes, a hard reset does seem in order. If that doesn't work, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care point: http://nokia.com/support
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Paolo85 wrote:

Anyone can help me to resolve this problem? I've just try a soft reset, should i try also an hard reset?

If you are considering returning device you would need to clear your personal data, so nothing to lose by going to Settings > about > reset device.

Why not place phone in Airplane mode rather than switching off as can actualy use less battery this way and also allows you to utilise "Alarm" facility?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Registered Member
kbfabs

I have the same issue on a Lumia 820 , two snowy looking lines down the start screen, have tried soft and hard reset also a sim card from my Lumia 800 but the problem persist if the phone has been of more than an hour.

And another problem is the Lumia 820 will not interact with my Mercedes phone system despite trying everything to connect, must be a Bluetooth change.

Contributor
Paolo85

Now I have just try an hard reset.. It seem that the problem comes if i change the lock screen background from bing to an another foto... More tests incoming, then If the problem persist I will take the phone to a nokia center.

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

kbfabs wrote:

And another problem is the Lumia 820 will not interact with my Mercedes phone system despite trying everything to connect, must be a Bluetooth change.

It could be that Windows Phone 8 doesn't support the rSAP Bluetooth protocol but the Mervedes does.

Ray.

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

aspergerguy wrote:

Why not place phone in Airplane mode rather than switching off as can actualy use less battery this way and also allows you to utilise "Alarm" facility?

Agreed. I always leave my phones in Airplane mode overnight and I don't lose any battery. I've actually seen the battery percentage has gone up a couple of percentage points the following morning, both with my 920 and my old Galaxy S.

Ray.

Contributor
Paolo85

ok, the hard reset didn't work. It seems the problem is related to the background of the lock screen. if I change the background from default bing pictures to any photo the problem occurs. Someone have an idea of the meaning of this behaviour?

Registered Member
colkurtz

Hi Paolo, I'm italian, i've a Lumia 820 branded "3" (H3g) with the same issue, They suggest me to wait for the next release of the S.O, maybe a software bug. In the Nokia center anyone helped me.

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

the upcoming Portico update has been stated by Nokia to have begun rolling out already, obviously there will be differences between different network carriers and unbranded handsets receiving the update...but sit tight and the roll-out will be complete by mid-March.
Contributor
Colkurtz83

[ Edited ]

t the link the video of the issue on my Lumia 820: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsvgxb_tzQ0&feature=youtu.be

Registered Member
davidp60

Hi can anyone help

I have just got a Lumia 820 - put the sim card in and charged it up overnight - Nothing seems to work

The only sign of life is the word NOKIA in the centre of the screen and the 3 'icons' at the bottom that are lit up for a while then go off

Pressing the power button has no effect at all