Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Android Apps On Nokia N9

Ryu93
Accepted Solution

Android Apps On Nokia N9

[ Edited ]

Hey guys 

I have a nokia n9 updated to pr1.2 and i want to know am i able to run android apps on my phone or what ? Cuz there is no clue that shows that .

Reply Please
Thanks in advance 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Re: Android Apps On Nokia N9

short answer no you can't and you will not in future also :smileysad:
long answer.....3 companies have so far claimed to provide an app which would enable n9 users to run android apps but sadly it is for OEMS only so it is Nokia which should contact and approve it
Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

You could run Android 4.0.3 in dual boot mode on your N9. On your own risk of course since you can brick your phone at this early state as it is just an Alpha release:

***LINK REMOVED***

But it is far away from usable state.... only for experts so far...

/winny

Moderators note:

Link to unofficial method of updraging/updating Nokia Phones removed. Discussion of these is not allowed on the forum. Please consult the guidelines.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

if you are asking if it can be done, that means you probably do not know about flashing or firmware either.

it would be in your best interest to not use the link above as you would not know how to fix your device WHEN you need to.

:smileywink:

android does run, partially, but it is incomplete. there is a company (Dalvik) that seemed to get it going (non-ICS) but they would not sell to public, they wanted a full OEM purchase. (rediculous IMO)
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Ryu93

[ Edited ]

Ok Thanks guys for the info i appreciate it 
The only reason i wanted android is cuz of draw something i hope they release it on the store soon. And as far as the android concerns I should forget it from what you have said guys :smileyfrustrated: , i am so happy with my phone  and i won't risk it .

Thanks again .:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kmlooi

Interesting. Just out of curiousity; I knew about Myriad/Alien Dalvik and Openmobile/ACL - who was the third company?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

iced robot team
http://www.icedrobot.org/
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximilian1st

@donofworld it seems the guys have stopped development of this project for 7month and more.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ansan

sir pls instal nokia n9 blue in android apps

Please use plain text.
ahmadbatri

update Nokia n9 forms android
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zekobrillant248

It amaze and smart phone very
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnwiley

How it is Possible Guys ? Awesome :-)

Just try download games from Non market apps from www.playapk.org .then it was superb . I will also try ...:thumbsup::heart::love:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
justice88

I love this cellphone so much,and also,i'm just an avid fan of all things Nokia.Just give us a better OS please.I don't want to have to switch brands because of limited functionality.
Please use plain text.
Ahmedalsaleh

since 2012 Android not possible any update what's up and many other application limited is that mistake like to to have N9 the phone quality good but software very poor
Please use plain text.
Ahmedalsaleh

If Nokia allow to have 2 operating it will be something very nice the software very limited i like Nokia product
Please use plain text.