Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Battery drainage

robymulo

after a deep study of my n9, i can tell you thtat the worst battery drainer is SKYPE connection always on.

After turn it off, my average idle consumption goes from 20 to 35

in this way my battery last 15 hours per day

i just charge it by night

Please use plain text.
jemoparis

I had same issues too... Made hard resets, downloaded again the pr1.1 to insall it again, and back to normal. I had facebook connected also the fist days, i have more than 1500 friends and u can see when the contact application browse them to update contacs online or not, its a huge huge work for the phone, the list of contacts are lagging, as facebook is already quite heavy to surf on on a computer. I try to be careful about my settings (2g is fast enough for me, background conneçtions on daytime at work, and off the evening, email and news updates only every 30mn or 1h, no pudh mail, no façebook chat) But i hope the phone can become a bit more secured ans easier with the way its dealing with the battery, i cant check my idle consumption everytime then i become paranoid about that. When u sync the phone on a pc like i did today to put back my 25go stuff of music and videos, it takes time and it seems to be hard work for the phone, the idle consumption went to 100/200mA then it got lower and lower till tonight finally arrived at 23mA and its still getting down I just hope that we dont need to be careful so much everytime about that, and to wait around one day everytime that the idle comsuption gets down slowly....this phone is really really STRANGE about that point, never seen that....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lordjani

I think there is a bug in power management. I have PR1.1 and i have been monitoring my power consumption. My normal average idle consumption is 10 - 14 mA with background connections on. Then for some reason average idle changes to 40 mA. It drains the battery quite fast.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jonathandtcox

Sort of still on topic, but is anyone noticing that the battery remaining can vary really dramatically?  Today I was recording a video and about 2 minutes in, I got a battery low warning and the recording stopped. I fired up battery monitor and sure enough, it showed 4%.  Active usage was around 224mah, but it had still shot down from 55% pretty fast.  So I stopped recording and checked on the phone about 15 minutes later and battery was now showing 45%.

Similar thing the other day when  I went to sleep, the phone showed 5% remaining and when I woked up it had 25%.

Pretty odd 

Please use plain text.
batirduk

It's been 1 month or so since i got my n9 and i haven't been experienced any battery related issues until week ago. My battery remaining was vary sometimes as jonathandtcox mentioned.  But today i had the my first battery drainage. My all accounts were online except nokia account (facebook,twitter,google and skype) then suddenly my phone heat up bit. I was kind of worried and restarted my phone. Got rid off from heating instead i had battery drainage(40mA to 229mA). I hope this will be fixed in upcoming update (PR 1.2).

Check this out too:

/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/Nokia-N9-battery-15-ma-idle-with-wifi-130-with-3G/td-p/1239443

Please use plain text.
Advisor
absynth30

I saw once same behavior on my PR1.1 but could not reproduce again the issue, anyway after showing low battery i turned off and then back on the phone and it got back to normal value around 40% i think
Please use plain text.