Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Battery emptied after PR1.3 upgrade on N9

Professor
theking2

Battery emptied after PR1.3 upgrade on N9

Hi! :squint:

After I succesfully revived my N9 by resetting The Security Code and installing PR 1.3 in the same go I have an issue now. The phone works in much the same way as before but seems to go in "Battery-drain" mode for no obvious reason lately. I have a habit of putting the phone down screen side down as not to scratch the camera bit. This also switches off the display which I imagined saves extra battery live. However. I've realised that some how the phone does not go to "sleep" when on its belly, that is screen side down.

Does your N9 also has trouble sleeping face down?

j

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: Battery emptied after PR1.3 upgrade on N9

I presume you have rebooted your device after the update.

there are times that the battery management shows me that there is abnormal battery drain on my device as some things seem to "hang" in the background even though I have closed everything.

can you install the battery usage application from the store? it is free.

then you can see what is eating your battery power and how much percentage it is. also, you should see your average battery consumption in idle mode somewhere between 11-25mA.

my active is 281mA

and you can also see your current consumption as well.

try that and see if you can narrow it down.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.