Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: BootScreen Manager

Counsellor
ichiemie
Accepted Solution

BootScreen Manager

i downloaded the apps from testing or devels repo and i tried running with a 37secs video in avi format, rebooted the phone but didnt see the video in place of the usual "hand shake" bootup. how do i make this work properly?.. or perhaps im missing a depency or something?..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

open the bootscreen manager in the settings screen.

then tap the file you want to play, and move it up.

only highlight the video you want it to play.  you can tap to highlight and leave highlighted as many as you want.

if the video is not in there, then you need to select add/more and find your avi file you made to use.

then just make sure it is highlighted and moved to the top of the list and save.

should work now.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

thanks for the reply ceroberts, but im wondering why im not hearing any sound while the video is playing?..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

i know that this sounds like a rediculous question, but does the video have sound?

when you select the video to play from your media player, does it play a sound?

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

yeah, it sure does have sound when im playing it on a media player on pc or on N900, well except for when it runs as a boot-up video.. what could be the possible reason?..
Please use plain text.