Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: CANT FLASH MY N900 PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Mobile Guru

awesome! That explains the problems you were seeing! USB Linux to the rescue!
Please use plain text.
pippomu

F****NG YEEEEES! I followed 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

good job! Glad it worked! :smileyhappy:

Feel free to hit those little green stars to the left, if you're feeling generous :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
pippomu

Just done. Thanx

Please use plain text.
jhenu

Hello All,
1. When I try to update OTA. Application update manager says i have to update via PC.
2.When I try to update my nokia N900 to the latest software update available through NSU it tries to update, says estimated time is 2 minutes and white screen appears on phone and disconnects the phone

IT SAYS SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED. No DEVICE FOUND.

Software version in N900 UK version (not vodafone i think)
CURRENT VERSION :03.2010.02.8.203.1
UPDATE VERSION: 10.2010.19.1.203.1

Software Version in PC --> WIndows XP

The device remains connect via USB but still throws the same error.

3.I tried using the flasher 3.5 also cold and warm flash but all in vain not updated.

I tried pressing U and holding and connect it to USB and dark nokia screen with uSB symbol on right screen.

used the following commands as well

flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM.bin -f -R

flasher-3.5 -c -h RX-51:RX-51 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM.bin -S usb

Any one please help

I tried installing the script to debug the phone but it said permission denied.

Can some post step by step method to update the phone ??? pls

Thanks,

Jhenu

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Do you have a 2GIG USB stick?
Please use plain text.
xlr8shawn

Well crud, I'm still stuck, I've tried all that was posted here, It has been awhile and think I need to start from scratch, any Help would be great. Thanks. ...Shawn

Please use plain text.
Luz1978

I would really appreciate some help, have follwoed all instructions fine, except VMware player will not recognise phone when i plug in holding U... Really hope you can help...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

ok, you 3...try this first.

if you are just trying to get an OTA update, it may be that your rootfs is too full.

be sure you have the rootsh application installed.  after that, do this:

open x-term

sudo gainroot

apt-get clean

apt-get clean

apt-get autoclean

then try to do the OTA.  if it still does not work, then all 3 of you try this:

1. Download the Flasher

2. Download the latest firmware image for your N900  (you will need your IMEI of the device)

3. when you save the global variant of the firmware to the "flasher-3.5" folder, save it as "pr1.2.bin"

4.  When you save the vanilla file of the firmware to the "flasher-3.5" folder, save it as "vanilla.bin"

5.  Turn your phone off

6.  launch the flasher-3.5 program

7.  type this command:   flasher-3.5.exe -F pr1.2.bin -f

it will then scroll a bunch of jiberish and then say it is looking for a unit.

8.  with the phone still off, hold slide the kb open and hold the "U" button while you connect the usb cable to the phone.  continue holding the "U" until you see the faint "NOKIA" logo and/or the USB connection symbol in the top right.  The flasher will find the device and automatically flash the unit to the original rom

9.  after about 1.5 minutes, it will be complete.  DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR UNIT!

10.  type this command:   flasher-3.5.exe -F vanilla.bin -f -R

11.  now it should reflash the deviece and wipe the emmc clean of EVERYTHING.  after it reboots, you can disconnect it.

before you load any software into the device via restoring from your backup, be sure to try the backlight settings again and see if it is still having the issue.

if the issue is gone then there was some software that you had installed that was affecting it.   if the issue is still there, then have your device replaced.

if the issue is resolved, then a couple of things.

1.  depending on how many applications you had installed, you can go back and install them one at a time and re-sync your contacts/calendar seperately.  or you can do a restore from your back up.

when you do the restore, be sure that you look at all the applications in the list that it is going redownload and install before you allow it to, to be sure they are the only applications you want.

2.  mark this post as solution and post a kudos to any post above that has helped you in the effort to resolve your issues as a happy thanks to thier efforts in giving you free support for your device that NOKIA did not give you. 

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rkcian

i too had the same problem just updated from sp2 to sp3

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andreasole

Hello guys i have the same problem. I cant flash my devise from windows vista is one year now and i was flashing it from a windows xp untill today and is stuck at 'suitable usb devive not found waiting...' and also the the windows xp doesnt regognise my N900 at all , even a message even a light. I tried i believe everything. I unistall the drivers,pc suite,ovi suite i took off the battery , i run the command and after plug the usb i tried all the usb ports but nothing. I have an ubuntu cd if that helps but i dont wont to lose my pictures,videos from my vista pc thats why i dont try to flash it from there. If there is something please tell me . My vista pc is 32bit. Thanks
Please use plain text.