1. When I try to update OTA. Application update manager says i have to update via PC.
2.When I try to update my nokia N900 to the latest software update available through NSU it tries to update, says estimated time is 2 minutes and white screen appears on phone and disconnects the phone
IT SAYS SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED. No DEVICE FOUND.
Software version in N900 UK version (not vodafone i think)
CURRENT VERSION :03.2010.02.8.203.1
UPDATE VERSION: 10.2010.19.1.203.1
Software Version in PC --> WIndows XP
The device remains connect via USB but still throws the same error.
3.I tried using the flasher 3.5 also cold and warm flash but all in vain not updated.
I tried pressing U and holding and connect it to USB and dark nokia screen with uSB symbol on right screen.
used the following commands as well
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_AR
flasher-3.5 -c -h RX-51:RX-51 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_AR
Any one please help
I tried installing the script to debug the phone but it said permission denied.
Can some post step by step method to update the phone ??? pls
Well crud, I'm still stuck, I've tried all that was posted here, It has been awhile and think I need to start from scratch, any Help would be great. Thanks. ...Shawn
I would really appreciate some help, have follwoed all instructions fine, except VMware player will not recognise phone when i plug in holding U... Really hope you can help...
ok, you 3...try this first.
if you are just trying to get an OTA update, it may be that your rootfs is too full.
be sure you have the rootsh application installed. after that, do this:
then try to do the OTA. if it still does not work, then all 3 of you try this:
1. Download the Flasher
2. Download the latest firmware image for your N900 (you will need your IMEI of the device)
3. when you save the global variant of the firmware to the "flasher-3.5" folder, save it as "pr1.2.bin"
4. When you save the vanilla file of the firmware to the "flasher-3.5" folder, save it as "vanilla.bin"
5. Turn your phone off
6. launch the flasher-3.5 program
7. type this command: flasher-3.5.exe -F pr1.2.bin -f
it will then scroll a bunch of jiberish and then say it is looking for a unit.
8. with the phone still off, hold slide the kb open and hold the "U" button while you connect the usb cable to the phone. continue holding the "U" until you see the faint "NOKIA" logo and/or the USB connection symbol in the top right. The flasher will find the device and automatically flash the unit to the original rom
9. after about 1.5 minutes, it will be complete. DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR UNIT!
10. type this command: flasher-3.5.exe -F vanilla.bin -f -R
11. now it should reflash the deviece and wipe the emmc clean of EVERYTHING. after it reboots, you can disconnect it.
before you load any software into the device via restoring from your backup, be sure to try the backlight settings again and see if it is still having the issue.
if the issue is gone then there was some software that you had installed that was affecting it. if the issue is still there, then have your device replaced.
if the issue is resolved, then a couple of things.
1. depending on how many applications you had installed, you can go back and install them one at a time and re-sync your contacts/calendar seperately. or you can do a restore from your back up.
when you do the restore, be sure that you look at all the applications in the list that it is going redownload and install before you allow it to, to be sure they are the only applications you want.
2. mark this post as solution and post a kudos to any post above that has helped you in the effort to resolve your issues as a happy thanks to thier efforts in giving you free support for your device that NOKIA did not give you.