Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't connect to Twitter and Facebook.

Mobile Guru
krizanand
Accepted Solution

Can't connect to Twitter and Facebook.

Gotten into this problem with my N9. Gmail, Nokia acount works fine but I can't connect to Twitter and Facebook using the built-in applications. Twitter says "can't connect to twitter' and when I refresh FB I see 'account disabled' when I complete my swipe action. Only thing I suspect is two days back battery went flat and didn't charge the phone for ten minutes or so. Any solution to this problem other than hard reset/developer mode method?.

Have posted the same on some other thread related to this problem, felt that thread was old, and had been solved(hard reset) so started a new one. Anyone else had this issue and solved it without hard reset and developer mode please post it. So far it looks like I have to resort to either of those two solutions available :smileysad:

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Hi krizanand,

Have you tried to delete the accounts by going to:

Accounts--->(Twitter), (Facebook)---->option (Three line symbol)---->delete.

Restart phone and add accounts again. This should solve the problem.

Hope this helps,

John_Tesla

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Have done that, infact restored phone to factory settings too but didn't work.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@krizanand

Remember there is option to re-install device firmware using standalone Nokia Software Updater here:http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

aspergerguy wrote:

@krizanand

Remember there is option to re-install device firmware using standalone Nokia Software Updater here:http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe

I have to try re-installing firmware first. Few questions before I proceed, will that remove the default wallpapers on the device? will the mass memory gets flashed too?.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

krizanand wrote:
I have to try re-installing firmware first. Few questions before I proceed, will that remove the default wallpapers on the device? will the mass memory gets flashed too?

If you look at my post here /t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Software-Updater-N9-compatible/m-p/1209487/highlight/true#M103915 you will find that at 1.1GB I think it includes pre-installed media content.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Don't know about latest firmware but I reinstalled the firmware it shipped with which didn't formatted mass storage, all my pics and videos were still there. However reinstalling didn't get me back the default wallpapers/pics which I lost on first "reset" on the first day of my purchase. Still a good idea to backup your data kriz, just in case :smileywink:
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Couldn't do it last night, I've taken back-up of mass memory sometime back now have to copy remaining stuff before reinstalling firmware.

@aspergerguy 1.1Gb gosh!!, with my Internet connection speed I have to babysit with my phone till the download is complete :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Reinstalled firmware on N9 this afternoon which resolved Twitter and FB login issues, it went dramatically as NSU failed to update the device(after downloading whopping 1.1Gb), retried it twice with no luck, finally for the third time it worked. For a moment thought I had bricked it, happy now that it is back to its best, really can't get around why all of sudden phone forgot my passwords, hope it is only on my N9. Think twice before you attempt to reinstall firmware, for me it was like sitting on knife's edge today :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks all for your suggestions :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

All's well that ends well :smileywink: glad to hear you sorted it out :smileyhappy:
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kevinkretz

Reinstall current firmware or original factory firmware?  If the latter I wouldn't say that's an "ends well" :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

kevinkretz wrote:

Reinstall current firmware or original factory firmware?

NSU can only carry out the former.

Please use plain text.