Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't sync N9 with Nokia Account

Contributor
tlevitt

Can't sync N9 with Nokia Account

Hi all, 

I have an N9 and have created an Ovi account.  I Accounts on the phone, when I select Nokia account and press sync, nothing happens.  I'd love to be able to use the Ovi service (email and calendar) but I can't, as of yet. 

Could somebody please help me with this?  

Thank you in advance, 

Terry

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

Re: Can't sync N9 with Nokia Account

i believe that all my ovi accounts have just sent me email over the last few weeks stating that they were going to discontue the contacts sync. but not sure about syncing the calendar.

IMO, even if you do not use it all the time, i would recomend that you sync your device with your windows pc and if you have it, Outlook. then you always have a backup there.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawood85

yesterday after i update my N9 all my contact deleted !

I had a copy in my Account but i found my Account Empty, I Lost every thig I was depending on it :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tlevitt

Thank you. Unfortunately, I use a Mac so syncing with Outlook isn't an option. I don't understanding what the N9 appears to be syncing with? Thanks for your response. Terry.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tlevitt

Terrible.  Maybe I should stay away from this option for managing my contacts.  

It's like this company doesn't want to offer a functional service???

I left 3 generations of iPhone for something unique (where I live).  Leaves me wondering why...

Please use plain text.