Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Charger flap will not close on N9

Contributor
Andrioid

Charger flap will not close on N9

Trouble in paradise. My otherwise fully fubctioning smartphone has one problem. The flap or lid that I have to open every night to charge it, will not close. The phone is like a broken toy now. I cant put it in my pocket, because it might break off. Help, please.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Android

Are you using your N9 in a region where it is marketed or is this a grey import?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Android,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Nokia discussion forums.

Sorry to hear about your phone, best thing to do in this case is to seek your local Nokia care point to get this repaired.

Where are you based? You can check you local Nokia care points on the link below:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

If there isn't a local Nokia care point to you then you will need to contact your local Nokia care line. 

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrioid

I'm in Denmark, it has been marketed here - but I've been unable to find a "care point".

I will try calling on Monday.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Andrioid

After further research I believe that repair procedures in Denmark are different from UK in that all repair matters are handled by the retailers, in which case I would recommend you to contact your specific retailer and sorry for any previous reference to Nokia Care Points in your country.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dinopeh

Have you pulled out the flap by accident and didn't clip it back properly?

Sugget you do a simple DIY.

Pull the whole flap out, yes, PULL IT OUT!

Dun worry, its very very easy.

Just open, pull it straight out from it's pointing directly upward position.

You'll immediately see where the clip is suppose to be at.

Then do the bending manually if required and if you feel the flap is less springy than earlier, just press the clip together and clip the flap back.

Hope this will solve your prob.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrioid

[ Edited ]

Wish I had seen this post earlier. Just sent my phone in for repair.

The plastic in the lid was showing signs of wear-and-tear, so I think sending it in was the right choice. But had I known it could be removed easily, then I would've tried that first :smileyhappy:

Danish retailers are not happy to send in phones that they themselves did not sell - as I can attest to after spending the day trying. Finally found TeleCare (www.telecare.dk) and they offered to send it, no problems. Just in case, anyone else in Denmark has the same issue.

Edit (Found a helpful forum thread):

http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-80024.html

Please use plain text.
Advisor
buzzonme

my problem and soon to be major problem. 

my n9 is with me for six dayys now, and only yesterday, im having difficulty closing the micro usb latch, my question is if ever, and i know it is soon, that my usb latch cover would soon detach, is there any official parts from nokia that we could order/? can they replace it? im from the philippines, it is marketed here, and i have one year warranty.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrioid

Update: My phone was sent in for repair and has been home for a week and today the problem has resurfaced!

The only thing I did was:

• Go into our bedroom (which is colder than the rest of the house)
  • Open the usb-lid
  • Put in the charger
  • Go to sleep
  • Wake up, being unable to close it.

I simply cannot believe I am the only one experiencing this :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Julf_Helsingius

Mine is pretty tricky, but by pushing the flap in (towards the hinge point) while closing, I usually get it to close after an attempt or two.

Please use plain text.