Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cold weather + Nokia N9 = Inactive Touch Screen / ...

Advisor
zuritamarduk

Cold weather + Nokia N9 = Inactive Touch Screen / Phone Shuts Itself Down

[ Edited ]

Hi. My Nokia N9's touchscreen is generally inactive when I use it at between 0C and +5C. And sometimes phone shut itself down at this temperatures too. When I warm it up or go into some warmer place it starts to work perfectly again.

My question is, should I send my device to Nokia Care? Or can it be accepted as normal?

Actually, I do not know what I'll say to them about this issue. Because here in Turkey, Nokia workers treat you as a piece of **bleep**. They're polite, all right. But they do not listen you, do not believe you, do not know even the basic features of their phones. It was took half an hour when they were trying to understand if the double tap unlock was properly working or not. Yes, only a **bleep** double tap unlock feature and half-an-hour. So I'm pretty sure that, it'll take a whole day for them to understand this "temperature" issue.

So what should I do? What do you recommend? Any resolutions? I really start to hate this phone. Double tap problem that I mentioned, the charger indicator issue and finally this. And I bought this phone just a couple of months ago.

That's enough Nokia. Really.

I found this.

/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Cold-weather-Nokia-Lumia-800-Inactive-touch-screen/m-p/1317691#M7276

Similar problem with Nokia Lumia 800. But the biggest difference is, my phone's symptoms start between 0C and +5C. Not at sub-zero temperatures. And it shuts itself down sometimes, as I said before.

Moderator's note: Inappropriate wording removed, please do not try to bypass the smut filter.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Cold weather + Nokia N9 = Inactive Touch Screen / Phone Shuts Itself Down

My N9 screen went black with cold, but the tapping worked. Screen replaced by nokia in Estonia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuritamarduk

[ Edited ]

At what temperatures and how, can you explain a little bit?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuritamarduk

[ Edited ]

Hmm. I guess our problems are a bit different. Thank you for your answer. (:

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

unfortunately currently the only solution is to buy anorher phone
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuritamarduk

You say it is normal?

Thank you for your answer mate by the way.

And I hope, somebody from Nokia will answer this.
Please use plain text.