Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E-Mail Signature Grey and Single Line after PR1.2 ...

Advisor
Accepted Solution

E-Mail Signature Grey and Single Line after PR1.2 Update

Hi

After having updated my N900 to PR1.2, I now find that when I reply to, or create a new message in the standard e-mail client , my automatic signature is inserted in grey instead of black, and all linefeeds are left out so the whole thing appears in one line instead of four which is how I have it.

Sure, I can edit it and re-insert the linefeeds and make it all black, but this is clearly not the point. It worked fine prior to 1.2 and should continue to work fine after the upgrade.

One quirk of this 'bug' is that, once I've opened a new message (with the incorrect signature), if I change the originating e-mail address (I have more than one e-mail account) by tapping on my e-mail address at the top and selecing a different one, the signature 'repairs' itself and the linefeeds re-appear so the signature then looks fine except that it's still in grey.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: E-Mail Signature Grey and Single Line after PR1.2 Update

I've read in another thread about another user experiencing this problem who has also received no reply.

Has no-one any information on this issue?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

as far as i know this is a bug so we'll have to wait for an update

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ExHTC34

And how can you do your signator of SMS in version 1.2?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

garbuckle wrote:

Hi

After having updated my N900 to PR1.2, I now find that when I reply to, or create a new message in the standard e-mail client , my automatic signature is inserted in grey instead of black, and all linefeeds are left out so the whole thing appears in one line instead of four which is how I have it.

Sure, I can edit it and re-insert the linefeeds and make it all black, but this is clearly not the point. It worked fine prior to 1.2 and should continue to work fine after the upgrade.

One quirk of this 'bug' is that, once I've opened a new message (with the incorrect signature), if I change the originating e-mail address (I have more than one e-mail account) by tapping on my e-mail address at the top and selecing a different one, the signature 'repairs' itself and the linefeeds re-appear so the signature then looks fine except that it's still in grey.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks.

for some reason on the new pr 1.2 version, the signiture is requiring html to have the breaks.

if your signiture used to look like:

Joe Blow

ABC Corp.

jblow@email.com

888-555-1212

Sent from my Nokia n900

then is now looks like this:

Joe BlowABC Corp.jblow@email.com888-555-1212 Sent from my Nokia n900

to fix this, write it this way:

Joe Blow<br>

ABC Corp.<br>

jblow@email.com<br>

888-821-0937<br>

<br>

Sent from my Nokia n900.

it will still show up as a light grey/brown, but it will now be formated correctly.

:smileyhappy:

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
n900magic

thanks for the hints, as such, i tried to add the following syntax on top of the actual signature. And.. it works. Now the auto signature looks exactly the same as before. Black and Structured. just try below, it may not be the simpliest one but hope it helps

<p class=""><a><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-no-proof:yes'>

Regards,<br>

name<br>

deparment<br>
Mobile:xxxx<br>

Please use plain text.