Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

FM transmitter troubleshoot since new phone

Contributor
lopium

FM transmitter troubleshoot since new phone

hi everyone,

i'm new here and i would like to know if anyone got the same problem as me...

i received a new phone after having a problem with the older, i received it with the PR1.2..

until that i was abble to listen music on any radio device but now it's impossible, the transmitter

actually work, when i check activating the sound stop on my phone but i got nothing on my radio, i tried to boost the frequency but still nothing, anyone have an idea about what happen?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

Re: FM transmitter troubleshoot since new phone

first thing's first, check that you have both your phone and radio set to the right frequency. 

play whatever music/audio you wanted to play on the device, then enable the fm transmitter. then activate fm boost.

then on the n900, tap the status bar up the top, and see if the volume is turned up correctly. the fm transmitter seems to have its own volume control in pr1.2.

also check that youre running the correct version of pr1.2. some versions of pr1.2 have the fm transmitter disabled due to local laws and regulations.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lopium

hi sever,

firstly thanks for your answer.

i used to use the fm transmitter in my car, i know how it's work, i setted correctly the frequency, but nothing...

i checked if there is a possiblity to modify the volume in the status bar, i have nothing else than the general volume of the phone.

I'm running on 10.2010.19-1 version , how could i know if i'm using a good version of PR1.2?

I'm not sure i have the right to use the FM transmitter in france, but with my older phone it worked perfectly, and why could i activate it if it has been disabled (if it's the case...)?

thanks for your help

cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor

i have the same problem when i  turn on the fm transmitter i cant hear anything from the n900 speakers

some one posted this solution on maemo.org but didnt work for me:

Thank you to the help received here, I fixed a problem I was having using the FM Transmitter with Media Player. I purged media player files and reinstalled, now it works again. The fix was to enter the following as root:

Code:
dpkg -P mediaplayerhomeapplet
dpkg -P mediaplayer
apt-get update
apt-get install mediaplayerhomeapplet

Thanks again for the advice and help. Just thought I'd post the step-by-step for anyone else having the same issue. Media Player was just broadcasting silence over the FM transmitter before the fix.

Please use plain text.