Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Few questions for Nokia N9 owners

lv_vl
Accepted Solution

Few questions for Nokia N9 owners

I am really interested in getting this phone and I would like for someone to answer the following questions, as I was not able to find answers online:

1) What languages are supported?  I am specifically interested in Russian and Ukrainian.

2) How hard/easy is it to change phone language (localization) and keyboard input?  Is it as easy as in iPhone or do I need to change the firmware?

3) Is there a way (any app) to answer/decline a phone call with one touch from standby screen? I like the way it is done in iPhone and don't like the two touch option, like it is done in Windows Phone 7 and in MeeGo by deafult.

I am thinking about getting it on Amazon in US:

_http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Unlocked-MeeGo-Touchscreen-Black/dp/B005HA4W7K

Are there differences in N9 models purchased in different countries?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

1. My N9 has PyccKNN and YKpaiHCbKa. Don't know what they mean but they they are in cyrillic so could be Russian. Different version may have different language sets so do check first before buying.
  2. It is very simple to change between languages that are supported. Just goto Settings>Time and Language>Language and select the language you want.
  3. When you receive a call, the phone rings and you receive screen notification regarding the caller. You need to swipe the screen up and then tap on "answer" to answer the call. 

There are probably minor differences due to localisation for the various regions.

Please use plain text.
lv_vl

Thank you.

1. Yes, it is Russian and Ukrainian, in cyrillic.

3. I was wondering if there is a way to answer the call without the need to swipe the screen up and then answer.  Not a big deal to me, but one tap would be more efficient than "swipe + tap" combo.

Please use plain text.
Sage
krishgetz

I'm planning to buy a N9 to go along with my E7. I've seen sellers in ebay and Amazon (UK) selling for around £350 or bit more.

Since the initial cost of the phone was close the the iPhone 4S; I'm wondering why could it be that they are selling this phone for less.

Could someone please let me know what all I need to check on the phone to identify any issues.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The swipe is to unlock the screen. Making it any simpler may result in incoming calls accidentally answered in your pocket. Swipe and tap isn't so bad once you get used to it.  :smileyhappy: Mind you, the swipe is not needed when the screen is not locked.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

@krishgetz

It is difficult to know what the vendors reasons are for selling. They could be grey imports, operator versions, used, refurbs etc etc. Best is to contact the vendor and ask them. Only buy when you are happy with the answers.

Please use plain text.