I am really interested in getting this phone and I would like for someone to answer the following questions, as I was not able to find answers online:
1) What languages are supported? I am specifically interested in Russian and Ukrainian.
2) How hard/easy is it to change phone language (localization) and keyboard input? Is it as easy as in iPhone or do I need to change the firmware?
3) Is there a way (any app) to answer/decline a phone call with one touch from standby screen? I like the way it is done in iPhone and don't like the two touch option, like it is done in Windows Phone 7 and in MeeGo by deafult.
I am thinking about getting it on Amazon in US:
Are there differences in N9 models purchased in different countries?
Solved! Go to Solution.
There are probably minor differences due to localisation for the various regions.
1. Yes, it is Russian and Ukrainian, in cyrillic.
3. I was wondering if there is a way to answer the call without the need to swipe the screen up and then answer. Not a big deal to me, but one tap would be more efficient than "swipe + tap" combo.
I'm planning to buy a N9 to go along with my E7. I've seen sellers in ebay and Amazon (UK) selling for around £350 or bit more.
Since the initial cost of the phone was close the the iPhone 4S; I'm wondering why could it be that they are selling this phone for less.
Could someone please let me know what all I need to check on the phone to identify any issues.
The swipe is to unlock the screen. Making it any simpler may result in incoming calls accidentally answered in your pocket. Swipe and tap isn't so bad once you get used to it. Mind you, the swipe is not needed when the screen is not locked.
It is difficult to know what the vendors reasons are for selling. They could be grey imports, operator versions, used, refurbs etc etc. Best is to contact the vendor and ask them. Only buy when you are happy with the answers.