Hi Chris Pitchford,
Been told you may be able to help me,
Ive been trying to flash my N900 and no matter what I do I just cant get it to work,
I keep getting Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
I have tried running in Safe Mode and every other mode I can think of but no luck,
Im currently running Windows 7
Ok... good stuff..
How do you feel about flashing using vmware? Here's the list of instructions
1) download the software:
Flasher image: http://chris.intrepid.cx/N900/flasherubuntu.7z
2) Download the firmware
Download the EMMC image:
Rename the file to "emmc"
Download the OS image: There are 5 files that all start RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1 Pick the right file for your area.. Rename this file to "os"
3) Install 7zip, winscp and vmware player
5) find flasherubuntu.7z, right click, select 7zip -> open
6) drag "flasher ubuntu" folder onto the desktop.. it starts to extract..
7) Close 7zip app
8) Open flasher ubuntu folder on desktop, open Ubuntu 9.10 folder inside:
9) Open the Ubuntu 9.10 virtual machine file (the one highlighed) Take ownership:
10) Select "moved"
11) Wait for virtual machine to boot up.. press the n900 icon at the top of the screen
12) Proceed to install flasher tool (accept licenses use the tab and arrow keys).. The select option 5 from the menu
13) Launch winscp and log into the virtual machine. Use the IP address (circled in red above) as the hostname, use upload as the username and n900 as the password..
14) Drag the emmc image and os bin files from tablets-dev.nokia.com into winscp:
Thanks very much,
Looking at that im think im going to leave it,
Im quite comfortable flashing using the flashing tool etc...
But after looking at all of that I really dont know what to do