Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Front Camera for N9

Counsellor
Immortal25

Front Camera for N9

I thought the update 1.2 was suppose to enable the front cam to be used? I don't see any options when using the camera or videocam? There's no front shot?

Counsellor
marrat

It's currently only usable with the Gtalk Video Call plugin. You can get it from the Store.
Professor
jraduga

ya that was mentioned in some of the PR stuff i have online...I think that a bit on the nose to have to use some other service like that. Especially when many people is australia get video calls for free.

And if the other person doesnt have it on their phone then you cant use it. Now i use an E7 (which cant use Gtalk) and i was going to give mum an N9 thinking that once PR1.2 was released i would be able to video call her. Well thats not going to work. And there are no Lumia's that do it yet unless i live in the USA, which i dont. So i guess i have to get another E7 or N8 to do it. Assuming the video calls part of the phone still works after Belle is installed. What idiot ever came up with that for a solution..If that person worked for me, I would sack them.

Not to mention I cant stand Google, and wont have anything to do with them if i have an option. 

Counsellor
igorlt78

You can use the front camera with "Aura" http://store.ovi.com/content/266783

It creates videos with effects, like I show on this video (in portuguese)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYOsreHXJwg

Professor
jraduga

great effects, But from what i have read it doesnt allow for video calls though. I really cant undersatand if you are going to effort of making firmware for a phone, why use a thrid party piece of software, why not have it work like every other front facing cam by allowing you to use it for proper video calls.

Contributor
edysor

How many phones have been launched with inactive FM receiver&front camera? Just N9!

Professor
jraduga

Apparently th originaly firmware designers hadnt seen the n9 or the full specs of the n9 when they wrote the frimware and it was a bit of a rush job to get it working . Itwasnt till basically it when on sale that they found out about all the bits it had, that they didnt write into the firmware.

Nothing quite like nokia planning.