Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Gtalk compatibility with Iphone video chat (VT...

Contributor
L84THSKY

Gtalk compatibility with Iphone video chat (VTOK)

I was able to use Gtalk on my N9 with people who were using Gtalk via their computer. The problem is when I try to video chat with people on their smartphone. There is no Gtalk Iphone or Android app. The one that seems to be popular is VTOK. This works from Iphone to Iphone, but does not give me video when I connect my N9 to my girlfriend's Iphone. Anyone know what apps will video chat on Iphone & Android to a N9?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
laatikko

Re: Gtalk compatibility with Iphone video chat (VTOK)

Gtalk works fine with Anroid phones. If you are "online" and your friend is "online" then you can make video call to your friend straight from contact list. Works nicely. Apple on the other hand is a different story. Is there any software in addition to Apples software to make a video call to an iPhone... never seen one.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

But what to do wiht belle and other nokias? My wife has a c6-01 belle and has Fring on it with gtalk. But on fring, there is no video call support for gtalk. From fring to fring is no problem, but there is no support from fring to N9.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
L84THSKY

Thta is what I am experiencing. If you use the same app on two different Iphones, it works. Same app on two different Android phones, it works. N9 Gtalk to any non N9 phone doesn't work. I was able to connect VTOK on Iphone to N9 Gtalk in voice mode only.

Please use plain text.