My Nokia n900 is giving me problems with my sms texting. I didn't download anything or change any settings and out of the blue it started giving me this "Text message delivery failed for..." message everytime i try to text anyone. It pops up right away. I tried checking my settings for anything but nothing i do is working. Help?.. please...
In my case my icon indicating type of network (2G, 3G ,,,) my carrier name (T-mobile) disapeared completely.
I did this and even removed the .rtcom.eventlogger-ui dir (with the entire database).
It did not solve the problem. On the other hand I got my 3G, and T-mobile logo back but still no SMS. Any clues?
I can send receive MMS, use internet, talk, but no regular SMS text messaging.
I never found out what was wrong, but I found clearing the conversation (I couldn't see any old messages, and I didn't get the 'clear all messages in conversation message) helped.
I have been having same problems too. I changed the theme and even flashed but same problem occurred. I'm going to try hard reset now. I hope someone comes up with something
Unfortunately, yes. I decided that maybe it was time for a new sim so I went to the ATT store and got a new one. Everything worked fine... Until now. I got that same stupid message, "text message delivery failed," blah blah blah. LOL
Maybe another flash?
well, you have everythingto gain and nothing to loose at this point.
Now close and re-open your Conversations app - the changes should be immediate!
Cpitchford originally helped me with this.
here is more detailed and i dont think that it deletes all your data like i had to.
Found a workaround for this today - the problem occurs because the Headers table in the /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db becomes corrupt. Happily this is repairable, on the device:
First gain root access:
.then switch to the target directory:
Now dump the contents of the existing database to a raw SQL file:
sqlite3 el-v1.db .dump > el-v1.db.sql
Restore the SQL to a new database:
sqlite3 el-v1.db.new < el-v1.db.sql
You may ignore SQL errors at this stage; they occur due to corruption in the source.
Now overwrite the broken DB (you may wish to back up the original file):
cp el-v1.db.new el-v1.db
Finally, ensure that the file is owned by 'user' and is in the 'users' group so it may be read by Conversations
chown user el-v1.db
chgrp users el-v1.db