Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How can I copy contacts from n900 backup to n9.

apostate
Accepted Solution

How can I copy contacts from n900 backup to n9.

Hello,

my n900 has just died (due to falling one time too many). I bought a N9 as a replacement.

I only have my n900 backups (made with the in-phone default bakcup application, osso-backup).

How can I read my contacts into my new n9. I tried just copying the n900 backup directory into n9 and restoring with the n9 backup program, but that didn't work out.

I've checked the backup-files manually, and can read contac information from the unpacked Root\home\user\.osso-abook-backup\adressbook.db with a text editor, but I can't figure out a way to transfer non-manually into the n9.

I have access to both vista & ubuntu computers (no windows 7 nor mac).

Please use plain text.
apostate

Re: How can I copy contacts from n900 backup to n9.

ok,

I managed to solve my problem by editing the addressbook.db I found inside the backup with a text editor and then reading the resulting multiple vcard file into gmail contacts and them adding a mail for exchange account on my n9 and finally syncing with the gmail contacts. Phew!

I still wonder why there was no "read a vcard file" option in the n9 contacts import menu.

Please use plain text.