Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to Identify Battery Draining App !

Advisor
augastya
Accepted Solution

How to Identify Battery Draining App !

[ Edited ]

If a Particular App or a widget is draining the Battery  which I dont know as yet as in who is the culprit, how can I identify which App is causing the problem.

Is it Pure Guess Work ?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

Re: How to Identify Battery Draining App !

normally i just run conky, or go into xterminal and type in 'top'.

look for the ones that use a lot of cpu power. more cpu power = more battery drain.

most games will use a lot of cpu power (ie. angry birds, bounce), web browsing uses some cpu power, playing lossless music uses a fair chunk of cpu power.

if you want to minimise the strain on your battery, disconnect from 3g internet when not using, disconnect from wifi when not using, disconnect your bluetooth when not using, turn off the gps and dont have the location widget open. turn off the fm transmitter when not being used, etc.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fardawg

I have voice and internet on the same SIM.  How do you turn off just the 3G internet portion?  Also,...I have PR1.2 and would like to know more about how/when should I expect the view to flip from landscape to portrait when I physically move the phone?  Is this a setting I need to activate,..and does PR1.2 offer portrait in more apps? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Occasionally i have Hildon-Home using about 20% of CPU. The only way to stop it is by rebooting the phone.

What does it do?? How long does it do it for?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
williamdawes

its a bug all it does is drain yr battery something to do with clicking through lots of sub folders its extremely prominant if using mymenu or catagorise.

i think the xterminal command is "killall hildon desktop" to stop it but wait untill someone a bit more knowledgable comfirms thats the right command before using it otherwise reboot stops it.

Please use plain text.