Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to access PC Suite info if I lose my N900?

polakciap

How to access PC Suite info if I lose my N900?

[ Edited ]

How come the only way to access the contacts and backed up info on the Nokia PC Suite, is to connect a nokia phone to it? Im just curious as to how I can regain my contacts if I was to lose my N900 at any stage. Coz in that case, I wont have a nokia to connect to it.....or, will any phone with bluetooth be able to ragain those contacts once I connect to it?

Appreciate your help

Regards

Paul

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: How to access PC Suite info if I lose my N900?

the safe thing to do is use pc suite (and hopefully soon Ovi Suite 2.2) to sync your info, that way your info is available in what ever app / service you've used.. outlook for example.

the backup is really targetted at nokia devices. it wasn't that long ago that kbackus could only belrestored to the same handset model, at least now you can restore between handsets.

syncing is the safest way to keep your data available.. use backups to retain device settings ad non syncable info
Please use plain text.