Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to get Mail for Exchange contacts on phone

Sage
krishgetz

How to get Mail for Exchange contacts on phone

I want to know how I can get all the mail ids of the Mail for exchange on my phone. I do not want all of them to appear on my contacts, but I want them to come as an option when I type a name on the TO list of the mail. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You can change your account settings to sync contacts for that Mail for Exchange account. 

Goto Accounts>Select the MfE account>enable Contacts

your phone will now sync contacts with this account every time you sync.

Please use plain text.
Sage
krishgetz

I have already enabled contacts, Global Address List and all options on the account, including sync schedules for every 30 mins. I have also reset the account, phone, removed the MFE and added it again, thought of everything I knew.

I still dont get the address list.

More suggestions pls.

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

What exactly do you mean with the  the address list? The Contacts should contain all contacts you have on your Exchange account. At least in my case this works fine even with the 687 contacts. This probably doesn't help you. 

It is also possible that you talk about the accounts on the Exchange server. In order to sync these with you phone you well have to copy them (or the ones you want to sync) over to you Personal Folder in Outlook and than sync. 

As far as I know it is not possible to sync all accounts on the Exchange server as, with large organisations, this could mean syncing thousends and thousends of accounts.  

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Check the FAQ below for instructions how to enable Global Address List support:

How can I access the Mail for Exchange Global Address List in my Nokia N9?

When typing in the first characters in the "To:" field, you should get a list of the matching contacts. Tap then the results icon (showing e.g. text "10+") to see a full list of the contacts. By default the first contact is shown and it might be a bit hard to notice that there are more contacts available behind the results icon.

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

Thanks pj!

Unfortunately I don't get addresses from the global address list prompted only the ones in my Personal Contacts folder.

Is there or are there other settings that need to be enabled?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
flake

Sometimes it happens to me too. My work around is to go to contact app and search from there. I normally need to press the Microsoft exchange search bar.
What I notice is after I did this, the contact search in mail apps works again (just enter the name in To field and exchange contacts are retrieved).

Thanks.
Please use plain text.