Does anybody knows how to import contacts from a file ? I have exported it to a file, but can't find option for import it back again. Is it possible ?
Thanks in regards
Solved! Go to Solution.
The exported file is stored in:
Install a file manager from the Store and browse to this directory.
Click the file and open it...
It will be opened in the contact format and you can save it as contact again.
Thanks for posting. You can combine all contacts into one vcard file and open that on the N9 to import all contacts.
An example of how you can do this:
* Drag the Contacts folder from the N9 to your C:\ drive on the PC
* On the PC goto START>All programs>Accessories>Command Prompt
* In the command prompt type 'cd C:\'
* In the command prompt type 'copy Contacts\*.vcard Contacts\All.vcard'
* Then copy the All.vcard file to the N9 and open it on the N9
All contacts wil now be imported.
Let me know if you have any further questions,
Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
sorry to ask again... but somehow I did something wrong while copying the contacts in one file.
What I did:
- The contacts were exported on the N9 in *.vcf format.
- I have stored the N9 contacts on my PC in
The file location shouldn't matter...
- I went to the "C:\Users\Winny\Downloads" directory and typed:
copy Contacts\*.vcf Contacts\All.vcf
But only the first contact was copied into the All.vcf file even if I could see that the file size was as big as all contacts together.
And of course on the N9 there was only this contact imported afterwards...
Would be great to know what went wrong I expect from me to know how to handle such tasks.... but somehow there seems to be sitting an elephant on the line to my brain