Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to save contacts to memory card & SIM card

Sage
wilson63

How to save contacts to memory card & SIM card

Hi all, please advise me on how to save contacts from phone to memory card & to SIM card directory on N900, I have attempted several methods but to no avail.

On my previous phone (E90) this was easily accomplished, are there any software available to archieve this task if no such function on the N900? Much obliged.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
911_help

Re: How to save contacts to memory card & SIM card

i have same question

the phone save any new contact to phone memory, let's say for any reason ur device break up so all contacts GONE with wind ? 

how come noway to save number to sim card 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Contacts are

Name (first, last)
Mobile number
Office Number
Email address
Street address
Instant messenger name
Birthday

How would you fit that onto a sim card?? Sim cards store "word" and "number"..

The N900 doesn't support storing numbers on the SIM.. If you want to back up your phone's contacts, you can use the built in "backup app" and select memory card as the target

If you want to keep a backup of your numbers else where, use a syncing technology.. like Ovi Suite, or google! That way your address book and ALL its contents are available without the phone!

** Just put it into perspective.. I've had 3 sim cards die.. the last time a phone died it only stored numbers on the SIM (no internal address book at all!)

I trust my phone / syncing far more than I do a pesky little sim!
Please use plain text.
Sage
wilson63

Hi cpitchford, thanks for your information, since there is no such function to save contacts to memory card & to SIM card. I would like to know if I can just save certain apps or files to memory card instead of a complete backup of the phone?

I am disappointed such simple & basic function like this doesn't exist in a premium handset like N900 when much cheaper models has it, best regards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

if you open your backup tool (menu/menu/backup *little grey square*)

tap new backup

give it name

select where you want it to save it

proceed

then you have options on what to save.

• comm_and_cal - for communication and calendar
  • settings - for system settings
  • bookmarks - for bookmark
  • applications - for third-party applciations list

if you just want to backup your applications, you have that choice here by leaving the checkmark in the box.

however, note that this is not backing up all the data pertaining to those programs...ie-password safe, angry birds, et.  this is just taking note of what applications were installed and where from so that they can auto download.

so if you want to copy the data for such programs, you will have to seach your files in the system to pull those out...

ie-

angry birds levels and scores files are:  /var/opt/rovio/angrybirds

password safe:  /home/user/MyDocs/.documents

the easiest way to find these is using the filebox program or midnight commander.

you can take those files and create backup of that data by copying the files to a folder on your memory card.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.