Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to schedule the various installations?

Sage
blwetorch

How to schedule the various installations?

[ Edited ]

Hi guys.............I am again seeking your expert guidance.

So far, my n900 is working fine...

Initially, I downloaded the Extra-Codecs, along with kmplayer and mplayer and the whole arrangement has solved the video related problems;

I have also upgraded to the latest ver. 1.3( a few weeks back).........................downloaded and configured the n900 Repositories( Extras/ Extra-Devel/ Extra Testing)....only yesterday;

Also downloaded Cutetube yesterday.........and it is working perfectly. So far no problems.

Next I want to go for the........ FM Transmitter fix..........Swappolube............Office-Products..........Hildon's 9 home-screens................and then the Over-clocking.

Here I need your help and guidance:

How to schedule these downloads/ installations? Which one do I do first?

Any other suggestions besides the above?

Shall I go for the abiword/ gnumeric or go for the paid version of the Documents to Go?

Whether Black-plastic theme is required after doing the Swappolube and Over-clocking?

Later I plan to go for the Meego installation as well...but that can wait till the next April, when the version 1.2 comes out.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Sage
blwetorch

I am keenly following the suggestions in ceroberts following thread /t5/Maemo-Devices/Top-12-Maemo-N900-Issues-amp-Fixes/td-p/753598

which is a great collection, anyway.

Please use plain text.
Sage
blwetorch

No reply?!:smileyhappy:

OK...let me simplify my query.

Does Swappolube speeds up the micro-processor itself?

Which one do I do first....over-clocking or implement swappolube?

Kindly bear with my ignorance......I am working and trying to get there...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

swappolube speeds up the applications memory processing, it speeds up the data reading from the hard drive, its really awesome and not risky.
it doesn't matter if you overclock or implement swappolube first, its the same thing if you did one before the other, and no black plastic isn't required, its just that it has super fast transitions, but i recommand using 'theme customizer' you can get the same fast transitions with this awesome package, don't forget you'll find it in the settings after you install it .
Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

and for office start by using freoffice its a free office editor/viewer in the devels

it can do word/excel and power point, really cool .

if you didn't like it try gnumeric and abiword .

than go for the payed one .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

and for modified hildon with extra homescreens find the post 'control everything on your n900 from one app' in this forum, it has an app called maemomodder by using it you can get the extra homescreens and modified hildon very easy .
Please use plain text.
Sage
blwetorch

You deserve another star....

thanks elie7!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

your welcome man :smileywink:
Please use plain text.