Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to transfer Favorite to N9

Sage
optiplex330
Accepted Solution

How to transfer Favorite to N9

How to transfer the Favorite in my N8 to another person's N9 en mass? I have tried:

1. Use the other person's N9 to log onto my own N8's OVI account and sync the favorite. Favorite got transfered to N9 successful.

2. But when I exit my own OVI account from the N9, those favorites got removed so I am back to square one.

Any idea pls?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Can you clarify what you mean by 'favorite' ?

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

carman58 wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean by 'favorite' ?

Maps favourites as synched with Ovi.

Personally have to go back to using S60 3rd or 5th Ed. device with facility to export "Landmarks" as .lmx to get them under desired Nokia account which can then be synchronised.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Thanks. I used my method (using the other phone to log onto my own OVI account) as a way of transferring map's Favorite but it just don't work with N9. It would be a pain to have to do it manually one by one.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

If you have another Symbian phone available for the transfer, you could try to use the Phone switch application (Settings > Connectivity > Data transfer > Phone switch) to send the landmarks from your N8 to this "intermediate" phone. If the intermediate phone is logged in with your friend's Nokia account, the favourites can be synced to maps.nokia.com web service and further to the N9 device.

Phone switch application lets you choose "landmarks" to be sent to another device over bluetooth connection but unfortunately the landmarks cannot be sent directly from N8 to N9.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

optiplex330 wrote:

How to transfer the Favorite in my N8 to another person's N9 en mass? I have tried:

1. Use the other person's N9 to log onto my own N8's OVI account and sync the favorite. Favorite got transfered to N9 successful.

2. But when I exit my own OVI account from the N9, those favorites got removed so I am back to square one.

Any idea pls?

yes, i think you are talking about the maps application favorites.

you will only pull the favorites from the nokia account that your device is connect to.

it would be best to just create a new nokia account and re-enter them and save them to the new account.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Thanks
Please use plain text.