Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I can´t start my n900

Advisor
Accepted Solution

I can´t start my n900

I have the phone since 2 week ago. Ocassionally the phone just reboot. The big problem was today. The device reboot and now doesn´t work. Just load the first "white screen" with the nokia´s logo and then stop in the "loading" screen. I don´t know what to do.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: I can´t start my n900

[ Edited ]

search forum... you have hit 50 reboots without power cycling...hence your device is locked.... cpitchford has a thread on how to unlock..

/discussions/board/message?board.id=maemo&thread.id=1289

Message Edited by DrEJV on 27-Dec-2009 02:22 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

That is a good thread that'll hopefully get your device working.. Actually your device can only reboot 17 times (there is a counter that goes up by 3 every time your device randomly reboots.. so that's 17 random reboots)

Once you've got your device booting, have a look at this thread

/discussions/board/message?board.id=maemo&message.id=1669#M1669

Read the first two posts too.. That fixpm.sh download might help your device run more stablely.

Remember, if your device randomly reboots you MUST turn it off then back on using the power button otherwise it will stop booting

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thank you very much. The phone works great!!. With linux is too easy...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

If your device has been rebooting by itself, have a look at this thread

/discussions/board/message?board.id=maemo&thread.id=1799

It contains information in the first post that might help to stop your device rebooting by itself

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi... with the information in wiki.maemo.org i fixed the "freeze" problem. But, my phone still reboot randomly. I read your post. I need rto do the final step "CHANGE ENABLE_OFF_MODE TO STOP RANDOM REBOOTS". But, i don't exactly understand where run your tool. In my n900?? windows?? or linux??. Sorry for my english, i hope you can understand me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You need to open these two links in the browser on your phone..

The first installs rootsh.. this allows you to make the changes to your phone

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/raw/Maemo5/rootsh/?get_installfile

Next you have to download the fix script

http://chris.intrepid.cx/N900/fixpm.sh

Save this in the documents folder on your N900

Open an xterminal and type these two commands exactly

sudo gainroot

sh MyDocs/.documents/fixpm.sh enable

and that should be it. Let me know if either of those two commands return an error.. The last command shouldn't say anything at all..

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi... i'm sorry.. i don't know what is wrong... I send a printscreen with the error. Thank for your help

xterminal
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You were right, my bad!! download the last link AGAIN.. then run that exact commands again..

cut and paste error

Please use plain text.
Advisor

hi... sorry... another error...

xterminal2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Did you do download again.. The version I have is working.. try downloading again.. but this time add a "2" to the end..

so its

http://chris.intrepid.cx/N900/fixpm2.sh

and 

sh MyDocs/.documents/fixpm2.sh enable

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks mate... Run perfect. Now i keep on observation of the phone. If reboot again i write a new post. Thank for your time.

xterminal 3
Please use plain text.