Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I want chinese input for my N9

Counsellor
mingu
Accepted Solution

I want chinese input for my N9

Please!!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
WhiZzKiD

Re: I want chinese input for my N9

Hi Mingu,

Do you want the chinese language installed on your phone?

whizzkid

Please use plain text.
Advisor
trinnemaa

I guess in next update they might add Chinese input in the Europe versions of the phones also. Nokia should in real just add install to phone that you could download and install any language there is done for N9. Would help a lot with Chinese people who live in Europe! This current way Nokia does with the major languages like Russian,China,India, they loose customers to Apple and Android because Symbian,N9 are missing those from Europe variants. Windows Phone does not have this issue. So there it's fixed but Who cares about Windows phone anyway? :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mingu

Hi Whizkid, N9 has chinese support. I can read text message and chinese website without issue. However, I cannot type chinese text. I'm from Malaysia, all my previous Nokia phones including N8 have chinese input but not my new N9.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joyintheclouds

i bought my phone from Singtel in SG, same problem here, tried this link providing a download but couldnt make it work! Someone pls enlighten me.

http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?730841-Chinese-Input-For-N9

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

I thought PR 1.1 provided Chinese input? Have you gotten the update?

N9 has started selling in China as well, it must have Chinese input.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Coldwaves

mingu wrote:

Please!!!

Have you got the PR 1.1 update?  The offical note says this update will provide Chinese language support.  Since N9 has begun to sell in China, I guess it will be included in the update.  I haven't got the update but I will keep you posted as soon as I got the update.  It should be pretty soon.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mingu

PR1.1 has chinese input included! Thank you Nokia.

Please use plain text.