Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Image saving problem on N9

MCrow

Image saving problem on N9

Somebody with similar problem? Cannot save images anymore from N9 web browser. Bfor I could save images from web by pressing and holding on the picture and choosing from popup menu the option "Save to Gallery", but now it only says "Download failed" or somthing, and check available space etc... But much space is available, 64 Gb model, over 45 Gb for user files left.... Anybody know what to do to fix? pr1.1 version... Thanks....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

Re: Image saving problem on N9

It might help if you clear you're cache/cookies

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
MCrow

Unfortunately, did not help :smileysad: this is not very big issue, but it still would be nice to be able to save images from web sometimes, hen needed.... I'm hoping somebody can help... thx

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@MCrow

Have you tried alternate browser as being open source device you are not restricted in this choice?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey MCrow

Have you reached your download limit from your service provider?

If you are not already, you should try using a WiFi connection when downloading to avoid using your download limit.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Try firefox mobile "fennec" browser....it can download any type of file just like desktop firefox browser
to install it....go to settings....applications...installations...then click on allow installations from non store
then download and install fennec from below link
http://romaxa.bolshe.net/fennec/mozilla-central/fennec_12.0~a1_armel.deb
Please use plain text.
MCrow

Not reaching limits or anything like that. Problem happening both home on Wi-Fi connection and elsewhere when using 3G. Strange bcos image saving worked bfor, and that's why I'm not really interested to trying other browser. I also tried to remove picture files when connected to PC with USB but that didn't fix anything. I had pretty big amount of pictures in gallery, I guess too much bcos Gallery app stopped responding few times, but when removing pictures from phone, it started working smoothly again. Now I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, something went wrong at that time when I had too much files in gallery and it stopped responding? But now it's working smoothly, only that I cannot save from web browser anymore. I can however save images from email attachments, to make things even more strange... Heh, maybe need to wait for pr1.2? Thanks anyways guys, if somebody has some more ideas, pls help....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RheaD

have you found a solution to your problem? Cause im experiencing the same thing right now...i cant save images from the browser or even screenshots, it says it is saved but when i check my gallery its not there...my memory is not full and i have heaps of space left...if you have figured out a way to save them can you please help me?
Please use plain text.