Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Issues with N9 accounts (CalDav, Dropbox)

Akitus

Issues with N9 accounts (CalDav, Dropbox)

Hi,

I've got a weird problem with my N9 accounts app. When I try to create a CalDav-account for Google calendar, everything goes fine to the point that I have to choose the syncing schedule and the color of the calendar. When I then save the account, the phone prompts "Data storage full. Free up some space first". Any idea what this storage space refers to? I'm using a 64Gb N9, with some 30 Gb free space left, and there's over a Gb free in the section that is reserved for apps (see attachment). 

Well, I wanted to see if this had something to do with a maximum amount of accounts or something, so I removed my Dropbox-account temporarily. However, I cannot re-open the account, as I get a "account won't save" -message each time I try to save the account. I've tried rebooting the device and resetting to factory settings, but the problem persists. Is there any other remedy, than doing a hard reset (I'm a bit reluctant to do that, given that there's a lot of reinstalling and -syncing to be done after it)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
kuenx

Re: Issues with N9 accounts (CalDav, Dropbox)

I have the same problem. Not A Google calender but a regular CalDav account. Divice says not enough space but there still is plenty of space.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hoskins

I had the same problem syncing with a CalDav account (iCloud) with multiple calendars. I downloaded an App (Drop Cache) that clears the Cache and it usually recovers about 250MB of space. Tedious - given that the phone actually has plenty of space - but effective. I had the same problem on the old N8 when using (Apple) iSync on an iMac. On a completely empty phone it told me there wasn't enough space to load 513 contacts. Maybe it's an Apple-Nokia thing.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Airbus

I have a Black N9 64GB unlocked running PR1.2

I don't sync my contacts (anymore) and I sync my calendars to an iCloud account.

I have just loaded my new roster on to the phone and I get the message "Data storage full. Free up some space first.".

I use Drop Cache too and after I run it, it says that I have 279MB free of 985MB Free Memory State. I also have 252MB free of 255MB Swap.

There is 2.7GB free in Installed Apps, 1.6GB free in Application Data and 14.2GB free in User Data.

I can't see what the problem is - can anybody help me out.

I rely on having this info' with me (my roster) - the phone is 50% useless without it (it's still a phone I guess!)?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

what is a roster?
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Airbus

A work roster - I'm a shift worker: 

a calendar of start and finsih times, by day of week, with assigned duties.

It's no more complicated or data intensive than a calendar entry saying you're meeting a mate at the pub on Friday at 7pm ..... just not as much fun.

Please use plain text.
SeanBangkok

I Am now having this problem after adding a new MFE account.

Did anyone find a solution on how to fix?
I've used very little of the space available on my phone.

Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gunsnroses_dxb

Jesus, I am having this issue with MfE hotmail... earlier hotmail was not working and installed mmsettings and now data storage full free up some space..

what is this conspiracy with such a lovely N9...

I really don't care about emails but I need my contacts... anyone having any idea how to keep the contacts permanently in N9 after import from hotmail? each time my hotmail disabled, my whole contact list disappear... the only contacts working are from Skype.

Team Nokia.. suggest!
Please use plain text.
Jedy67

We can no more log in Dropbox account plugin. Log in return with can not connect to dropbox. Seems N9 is deprecated too soon....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Desmo74

SIGH.........

Another broken software protocol on the N9...

Don't expect help or a fix from this company. As far as they're concerned you don't exist and they would very much love it if you and all other N9 owners would just go away forever so that they can help their Lumia customers...you know, the ones that have given them 2.9% market share!!! :smileyvery-happy:

You'll just have to try to work around this issue or get another phone. For me, it's either Ubuntu phone or Jolla's Sailfish...but one thing is for sure, NEVER again a Nokia product as long as I live and I tell family and friends to stay far away from Nokia products.

Desmo

Please use plain text.