Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Magnetic field and N9

Advisor
patrickcctx

Magnetic field and N9

[ Edited ]

I went over to a friends tonight and put my N9 on his metal patio table for a couple of hours.  Everything was fine to start with and then after a few drinks the screen started to go weird.  I quickly realized something was wrong (lines across the homescreen, the apps page started to show separation between the first line and the second line etc etc) and now the phone works but I can hardly see anything on the date, time, weather and newsfeed screen.  I open the settings to do a hard reset but there is nothing there anymore.  What should I do?

This is also a warning to others - keep your N9 away from anything with a magnetic field...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@patrickcctx

Try re-installing existing device firmware using standalone Nokia Software Updater:http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
patrickcctx

Thanks for the suggestions.  Tried it and it apparently failed, but software appears to have installed ok.  Still the same problem though.  I guess it needs to be sent back to the motherlode (Finland) for warranty work or replacement.

Please use plain text.