Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Make sweet music on the N900.

Professor
Mick_H1

Make sweet music on the N900.

Here's a good tip for the technoheads amongst you.:smileytongue:

Fancy making music on your N900? Then get SunVox from here: SunVox.

You'll need to download the Windows, Linux, MacOS X, PalmOS and Windows Mobile version. It'll come down as a .zip file so you will need to have the .zip plugin for File Manager and the .deb installer installed on your device.

Download and extract the SunVox zip to your documents folder. Once done, start File Manager and find the SunVox files in your documents. Scroll down until you find the SunVox.deb file. (It'll be in a folder called SunVox with the other versions). Double tap the SunVox.deb file and it should install to the Multimedia folder, where you'll find the icon to run it.

There's a few example tracks and instruments to get you started. To get to the menus, just tap the spanner icons at top right and middle right. There's also a record button to record your creations and you can even convert them to .wav format to use them as ringtones.

With regards to clearing out the unnecessary files left over from the extraction/install process, I'll have a looksee and get back later to say what can safely be deleted to free up some storage space.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

it was an easy install. just download directly to your device the 3-5mb rar and use xarchiver to extract only the deb file.

then also install the other add-on as well.

good find mick. i already uninstalled it...lol. didnt make much sense to me and i couldnt get it to shut up! all the reverb!

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

same here ceroberts :smileyvery-happy:
Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

I guess it takes some digging about to find the functions. It reminds of when I used to piddle about with things like Octomed on the Commodore Amiga.

Of course I've grown up and moved on to heavier stuff now :smileytongue:

The DJ to the music, like the turkey to the gravy..... Techno, techno, techno. Bisto, Bisto, Bisto.:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.