Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Music continuity problem with N9

Juzti

Music continuity problem with N9

I have downloaded my music from my computer to my N9 using the "use as mass media" -option which you are given when you attach N9 to a computer. Everything else is perfect and how it should be (with these prices) but there is one thing that bothers me.

When I am playing an album that doesn't have breaks between songs, N9 produces a one/two-second lasting break between songs. This is pretty annoying especially when I am listening to an album with no breaks at all.

How can I make the breaks go away? Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

There is no settings to change that delay.....Only a future software update can change that thing
'In God we trust; all others bring data!"
Please use plain text.
Smersh

[ Edited ]

Indeed, annoying. Usually such gaps are due to the way lossy audio compression (like mp3) works, though a decent player will eliminate the gaps. However, I noticed on the N9 it even happens with lossless FLAC files, so it seems the N9 player is implemented quite crudely. The situation was similar with Android, but better player apps have since appeared on the market. I hope this gets fixed on the N9, or that an alternative appears (there is the Sigma Music Player, but as far as I know it does not do gapless either).

Please use plain text.