Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Myriad Alien Dalvik

Counsellor
pecos

Myriad Alien Dalvik

Does anyone know when will or if it will be Myriad Alien Dalvik a reality on our N900?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

they said at the end of this year :smileyhappy:

by the way the android marketplace is already avaible on the weetab meego tablet, yes the android app store is avaible as an app on meego :smileyvery-happy:

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pecos

Let's hope so... The N900 running all the Android apps would be damn great (the only let down i see is the use of multi-touch in many of them)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

it already can run all the android apps with nitdroid :smileywink: and yes they run perfectly .
Please use plain text.
Advisor
WaspWorlds

Nitdroid is buggy and doesnt run ALL android apps. Just a few afaik. Hopefully the new version will change that.

Björn

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

the new version is already out, nitdroid 11 running from the emmc have at least 90 % of the android apps working, and its smooth, and if you overclock it, you'll be surprised.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
WaspWorlds

aha :smileyhappy: where can i get that one?

thanks

Björn

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

from here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

However this then leaves you without any phone functions to speak of, until to you revert back to maemo, so it is hardly a practicle option for most users? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

you can send/receive messages, and receive calls, but without voice, i haevn't tried making callls, but i'm sure that works too, but no voice .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bobbyakriti

lets hope soon
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Alien Dalvik will only be OEM based not for end users so only way is that Nokia must contact Google for some legal procedures to be able to use that emulator for meego or whatever os to run Android apps which seems highly unlikely as Nokia is now committed to Microsoft wp7 as their main os
however if you are an N9 user then very good news that the ICS android port is currently in very good progress and we could see the release in about month's time
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.