Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 Autolock sign in after enable mail exchange

Advisor
n9phone
Accepted Solution

N9 Autolock sign in after enable mail exchange

Hi, I find it pretty annoying that you can't turn off autolock when you have set up mail account that syncs,,,,

I would like to control it my self....

I dont like to input numbers after doing dobble tab and swipe to get into phone....

nokia please give us control over this in next upgrade for N9

thanks,,,

David Freyr

Iceland

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cedricgodart

Totally agree... Impossible to turn it off :-(

-- Ced
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MattiasA

You can turn it off if your Exchange server does not require it as some servers do. My N9 is on service so I dont remember the name of the setting you have to change. But under MFE settings their is something like " non **** device"  Just enable that and the lock code can then be disabled - worked just fine for me when using my Google account through MFE

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cedricgodart

Working FINE thank you!!! :smileyhappy:
-- Ced
Please use plain text.
Leempi

Do you have any idea where this setting might be when using Google Apps for you Domain? It's the only way I can get the N9 to sync the contacts list.

So far the only relevant setting I can see is "Turn On Google Sync" rather than "Restrict Google Sync". They note is as below:

Restrict Google Sync
Only sync devices that support the settings below. Devices that do not support the settings below will not be able to sync with Google Apps.

Turn on Google Sync
Let any device sync with Google Apps including those that may not support the settings below. Select this if your organization uses a variety of mobile devices.

However having set it to "Turn On" I still need to provide a password every time I unlock the device.

Please use plain text.
Employee
Jason106

@n9phone, Yes. If you would like to sync your exchange mail then you have to set a passcode after your N9 connected to exchange mail server. It's the same as symbian product also the same as in iOS.

I think it's the rule set in exchange mail server side for security reason. That's why you can't disable it.

Hope it can help you feel better. I have a ipad iphone N9 and E6. It happens every time when you sync with your company exchange mail server.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n9phone

Yes I have just deleted the mail account for my school sync exchange mail and have just my gmail account now.... just to not have the autolock on.....

Please use plain text.
Employee
Jason106

@N9phone

Great...feel good that I can help you. Could you please give me a kudos by press the star icon?

Please use plain text.
Sage
naf1970

[ Edited ]

Are you sure about this Jason??? :smileysurprised:
I have my N9 sync with exchange mail server and I disabled the lock code in N9, just turning off in Connection Setting option "Non-provisionable devide".

Also in my N8 I never had to put any passcode...

Nokia N8 / N9 / Lumia 920 White
Please use plain text.
Leempi

Oh wow, that setting is on the phone! I thought on the exchange server. Mine is working now too with Google Apps. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
n9phone

Great naf1970 ..... I just marked it as Non-provisionable device when setting up mail for exchange and it does not autolock any more...... :smileywink:

I use outlook.com and original port 443 and nothing in domain and it connects perfectly to my email at school.... also have setup gmail..... it both sync well...

thanks,

David Freyr

Iceland

Please use plain text.
Sage
naf1970

@n9phone @Leempi
Glad I could help! :smileywink:
Nokia N8 / N9 / Lumia 920 White
Please use plain text.
Employee
Jason106

Yes. You are right. Sorry for give the wrong information

Please use plain text.
Advisor
campv

Any idea how to get rid of autolock? I tried to use my N9 with my employers exchange server which forces to use autolock. I removed exchange account but I'm not able to disable autolock feature. It doesn't help either if I create the same accout again and check "don't use autolock". I'm stuck with autolock no matter what I do. Quite annoying.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

If you enable "non-provisional device" it may not allow you to connect to the exchange server.. The server may insist the device can enforce certain policies.. including pin locking and minimum pin complexity..

But if your exchange policy is lax, you should be ok..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
campv

Unfortunately we have very strict policy on exchange server and I have no way to influence on that (I work for major airport operator). Server configuration will require autolock on mobile email accounts. Is there in this case any other posibility to get rid of autolock than hard reseting the whole device?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You can remove the restriction by removing the mail for exchange account? I thought that would lift the restriction, then you can remove the auto-lock (or set it to never)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
campv

No, I removed the account but still the autolock restriction is on. So far I have found no way to remove that.

BTW, I wasn't able to sign in to this forum by using my N9...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n9phone

Did you try the solution that worked for me?

go to accounts - mail for exchange - connection settings - and mark Non-provisionable device....

David Freyr

Iceland

Please use plain text.
Advisor
campv

Yes, I did try that and it didn't help. It seems that I'm stuck with that setting. :/

Please use plain text.