Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 Broken Screen, no repair possible in the UK

Contributor
PeterDar
Accepted Solution

N9 Broken Screen, no repair possible in the UK

[ Edited ]

Just a word of warning, it seems Nokia UK will not repair my/your N9 if you break it.

"We understand that you would like to get your Nokia N9 repaired; however, since the Nokia N9 was not released in the United Kingdom, there would be no available spare parts for it."
Nokia Service Professional
UK and Ireland Team
Nokia Care

I have broken my screen I tried to get it fixed at two of Nokia's care centers in the UK and they said they could not.

I called Nokia UK and they were originality very helpful even though I said I had dropped the phone twice and broken the screen they said as I was finding it difficult to get help they would pick up the phone and get it fixed for me and get it back to me in max 7 days, I was very pleased.

After 7 days I called, was promised a call back, I did not get one did not get one on the 8,9 or 10th day either, I eventually got the direct number to call now yesterday after 2 weeks I was told as this is not a warranty issue they will/can not help and will send the phone with the broken screen back to me, I also yesterday got he email above.

Now Nokia knew it was not a warranty issue before they collected it and why can they not get the part sent over.

Am still hoping for some useful help from Nokia with this and I think they still have my phone.

If they do return my broken phone to me I am not sure what to do.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
HenryDavidTh

Re: N9 Broken Screen, no repair possible in the UK

Same here in Hong Kong. I asked Nokia Care Hong Kong for the same favour and they care more selling the Lumia 800 than N9, the abandoned child even I offered to pay up the extra cost for the service and to get the spare parts "they don't have", which happens to be the same for Lumia 800.

Please use plain text.
racioli

Do you guys know if I could replace my Lumia 800 screen with the N9? Can't find the Lumia screen...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PeterDar

I am the person who started this post.

I did get it repaired in the UK in the end, I contacted someone higher up in Nokia and I now have my N9 back with a lovely new screen and what's more Nokia did it for free :smileyhappy:

Thank you Nokia.

PeterDar

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

@racioli

that will not work. the screen for the 800 has the 3 icon touch areas in the bottom and the n9 does not.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
kk2108N9

hi peterdar,

good to know that you have got your screen replaced. May I know how you approached to get the screen replaced? whom you have contacted and where you have sent your phone. I am from India and using a Nokia N9, I too have dropped my Nokia N9 and the screen broke. If you help me I could try the same in India and get my screen replaced if not for free atleast paid.

Regards

Karthik

Please use plain text.
Sage
krishgetz

Very interesting how people who really want the N9 go out of their way to get it even from outside the country.

But Nokia is making it really tough for those who went for the phone. Shows how much Nokia wants the Lumia to sell and not the N9.

It would really be good if Nokia takes care of its customers without having to contact some higher-ups. What will a person who doesn't have any contacts do?
Please use plain text.
kk2108N9

Please provide the details of whom you have contacted for N9 screen replacement in your country, I am from India and there is no support for N9 here. So help me out!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lakshmig

Hi,
even i dropped my n9 and the screen got cracked, let me know how you got it replace, i stay in Bangalore, India.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kevyn666

Im from mexicali, bc, mexico and i actually leave it on a service center, and the guy who attend me said that he just have to ask for the screen online, and he buy it from nokia in England and im just waiting for the screen because he said me that the repair of my n9 screen was very easy and the price was of 310 dollars :smileyfrustrated:, very expensive because the cellphone is new, and the screen he buy is the correct one for my cellphone :smileyhappy:

But i have beeing waiting for more tha one month, and i call him and he said me that the screen has almost arrived, im so excited because when he get my screen he is going to repair it in just a few minutes :smileyhappy:

Good Luck for everybody!

Please use plain text.
Sage
dumpystig

310 dollars to replace your screen???

How much did you pay for your phone - and how much would a brand new N9 cost now?

Please use plain text.
sonushuklacpa

I am a US user of the N9. I recently dropped my N9 and cracked the LCD and sent it to Palco for repair. They repaired the LCD but now the phone isn't functioning properly. 

Once the phone goes on standby mode, the clock displays for a second and then the screen goes completely blank. Double taps don't reactivate the phone and only the power button toggle brings it back to life or puts it in standby mode. The worst problem is that when a call comes in the phone rings however the screen does not display the call so I cannot swipe to take or leave the call.

When I make an outbound call the screen goes blank once call is established so I cannot access keypad to send dtmf selections or make conference calls. I cannot even hang up once call is established since I don't have access to the calling features on the screen. 

Once I toggle the power button, I am able to access everything but above stated problems start cropping up making or receiving calls.

I have tried Restore Settings without results. Please HELP!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
radulescubg

I know what your problem is... I have ig right now but in another way... My glass is broged, but the lcd is ok, so i can use it but hard to see... My crak starts from whewe the proximity senzor is, so i have exactly the same issues with you. It thinks that it it always in a poket or whith face down, so it deactivatea the clock, it thinks that it os near your face so whan you call it just blacked out. Your broblem could be that those guys screwed your proximity senzor. Sry my bad english and missspeled words... My screen is craked and english is not my native language... Hope this helps...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kevyn666

I already receive my n9, but i have all the same problems as you

Somebody HELP US PLEASE! 

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.