Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 - Calendar entries on Events Screen

shakyisles

N9 - Calendar entries on Events Screen

Does anyone know how to (or if it is able to) for the calendar entries to show up on the events screen of the N9 (the notification screen). I, as others, found the ability to see upcoming events on a single screen (along with messages etc) one of the best features in the Symbian system
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

not possible with the current pr1.0. maybe in the next pr1.1 that should be coming soon.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

This seems to be one of the most important missing features for the N9 all over the world and I hope that somebody knows a solution soon... This discussion is ongoing in many forums in the meanwhile.

Any comments from Nokia?

vision

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

Sucessfully created entry on event screen now. See attached Screenshots :smileywink: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:

I will write "How to create event" later since it's already a bit late in the night now...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mypuzzledone

@ winny - I may be reading this incorrectly - my german is only so and so but here goes.
Looks to me your events are not upcoming but have already started.
Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

@mypuzzledone,

No.... It was late in the night and I had set the reminders very close to the events... unfortuntately I have made the screenshots behind the start date..... The events appear on the screeen depending on the reminder timeframe which you have set in upfront...

Maybe i find the time to bring another example and a description how to do it.

vision

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

winny wrote:

Sucessfully created entry on event screen now. See attached Screenshots :smileywink: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:

I will write "How to create event" later since it's already a bit late in the night now...

yes!  please do share!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

He already has.  You need to set the reminder and if you set it for 30 minutes prior to the event, it will be on the standby screen 30 minutes prior.  if you want to be notified the day before, then you need to set the reminder to reflect that.  Even if you set the reminder, when the event time comes, it will still be shown on the standby screen.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

lol....didnr even know you had an account lanbrown! :smileywink:

funny all my calendar events have alarms. i never look to see if its in there as they are dismissed.

ill have to look next time.

hope they put some room on the screen for calendar though. i am missing my widgets a lot from then900
Please use plain text.
shakyisles

What I want to be able to do is to see the calendar entries at the start of each day (as I can on my Symbian S60). I can get the event reminders on the event scheme on the N9, but it means setting them a day out (with no sound) and then resetting them closer to the time with sound!

It appears that this feature is not available in this version of Meego - here's hoping with the update!

Please use plain text.
s33t

This is the biggest negative on the phone, that this function aint possible..
Me and alot of my colleagues took for granted that this function was gona be there... but to our big disapointment it wasnt...

i really hope Nokia fixes this one really soon...
How could they miss this?

And like ceroberts75 said, iam missing my widgets alot from the n900 too, because of this flaw in N9...

FIX IT nokia!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

Looks like most of you guys have a wrong understanding regarding the function of the event screen.

Just to make it clear for all of you:

- On the event screen you can see incoming SMS, mails and missed calls (+news feeds and messages from social networks)

- When you click on the message then the message dissapears on the event screen and the related program will be opened (SMS, mails, calls).

- Calender entries are handled in the same way like SMS, mails and missed calls.... means:

Whenever you have an calender entry with enabled reminder you will see this entry on the event screen in case you missed to react on the calender reminder.

- So at the moment it works as designed.

The N9 is a smartphone for fans and for people you want to experience a new UI which is designed to be as simple as possible.

Beside of the event and app screen you have screen number three, the open program screen or also let's say task manager. The intention of this screen is to see live views for open programs and if you would have open your calender in case of several appointments during the day then you could see all these dates in this reminder view and no message on the event screen is required since you anyway should have enabled the reminder function according your personal need.

Btw.: Two german Meego developers are currently writing an app for exactly your missing feature :smileywink:

vision

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mypuzzledone

This is good news for me winny. Coming from the enterprice level E52 the N9 is simply brilliant, the missing upcoming event is the only flaw for me.
This might just be down to my old routine, perhaps there is a far better solution on the way.
The thing is, I need to be reminded on this screen in case there's a meeting fx. early tomorrow morning so I can get in on time.
Setting the reminder fx. 24 hours ahead is not an option since I'm not sending out all the invitations.
Perhaps the calendar should come with an option
"show upcoming events on events screen .... <max nr of events>"
sounds simple and won't bother those who don't need it.
Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Keep you updated in case of news regarding the upcoming app for pushing dates to the event screen... it's still in developing phase...

Btw...: Interesting that you consider this phone as a business phone. In other forums people are complaining about the N9 that it is not useable as a business phone. I also consider this phone a lifestyle phone for fans who want to enjoy a  new UI experience.

vision

Please use plain text.
superjunior74

Calendar entries as Feed.

Gmail->Calendar->select Calendar on left Side->Calendar-Settings->scroll down to Private Calendar and press the red xml-Button-> with this url you can create a new Feed.

Hope you understand me, sorry :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
QQ_rafal

[ Edited ]

superjunior74 wrote:

Calendar entries as Feed.

Gmail->Calendar->select Calendar on left Side->Calendar-Settings->scroll down to Private Calendar and press the red xml-Button-> with this url you can create a new Feed.

Hope you understand me, sorry :smileywink:

This is not an option. I have already checked and it is unclear between other feeds.

What I need is 1-48h simple summary of events. Beginning of the subject, Day/month time span. Total 1-3 lines (best in one line).

This is really missing feature. I took it as a grant after using many phones. Pretty disapointing, specially the rest is brilintly fantastic... simply beautiful!

PS. I use the phone for business with great success!

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

As mentioned already above:

Two german Meego developers are currently writing an app for exactly your missing feature :smileywink:

But it is still under development and far away to be finalized or released.

Attached the first version how it might look in future :smileywink:

vision

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mypuzzledone

Looks promising winny, thx for keeping us updated.

Btw. Anyone with pr1.1 seen improvements on this change request?
(I'm getting sore thumb's from refreshing the update screen - no luck so far - lol)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
QQ_rafal

[ Edited ]

winny wrote:

As mentioned already above:

Two german Meego developers are currently writing an app for exactly your missing feature :smileywink:

But it is still under development and far away to be finalized or released.

Attached the first version how it might look in future :smileywink:

vision

Thanks for an update! I'm waiting for this add-on app, will be really glad.

Appreciate your hard work.

PS. The reason why I bought N9 is EU heart! Few German guys have exciting jobs.

MfG,

QQ

Please use plain text.
Contributor
N9er

This is really desperately needed indeed!

Please use plain text.