Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 Can Not Detect the Sim Card

Counsellor
gunsnroses_dxb

N9 Can Not Detect the Sim Card

Hi Guys,

I have N9 which was dead due to some reasons, I just gave to Nokia Care and they have reinstalled the software and returned to me.

I insereted my microsim and it didn't detected, they Nokia people used their sim card and that worked. I just bought another new sim card and put it in, it worked let's say 2 hours but now again showing the icon of "No Sim Card". I tried restarting, removing sim and inserting again etc...but till now no Luck.

I am extremely angry as I paid a huge some for this device and it didn't work for me. I just bought it 2 weeks back.

Any Idea what could be the problem, I am going to sue the mfs if they are not going to give me a new device or money back.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: N9 Can Not Detect the Sim Card

If it stops recognizing the sim card after a while it could be due to wear and tear, but since it's new and you have tried a new sim card I would say it's obvious that there is a hardware fault with the device. Could be the contacts reading the sim card.

Get it replaced or take it back for repair. They should be helpful fixing this.

Hope you get it sorted and you become a happy camper as I am - so far:smileyhappy:
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gunsnroses_dxb

Thanks Fender77, Yes I am going to do the same but unfortunately we have 4 holidays ahead untill 7 October so everyone is OFF, they have just ruined my holidays by returning the faulty device. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
theoafrica

Urgent!!!

I have reset (clear device) my nokia N9, after that my phone cannot detect any sim card l inserted into it.

it always display 'No Sim card inserted' icon

Please l'm hot and need urgent help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Sounds like you may need to try re-installing device software, but can't remember whether standalone Nokia Software Updater http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe requires a valid SIM or not in which case you would need to use Nokia's command line "flasher" instead.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.