Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N9 - Can't enable Developer mode

Counsellor
ESerieUser
Accepted Solution

N9 - Can't enable Developer mode

Hello,

When I am trying to enable developer mode (via WiFi), I get the following error message:

"Download failed

Can't complete the download.

Connection to the application provider was lost. Try again later."

Any idea?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Carltabi

Re: N9 - Can't enable Developer mode

Are you able brows the internet normally when connected to wifi with your phone?

If that is case, then it may be a firewall issue on your router preventing the unit from  connecting through the developer application.

If this post answers your question, you can help others by clicking the green accepted solution' button.

Please ask your questions to the main board and not to my mailbox. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ESerieUser

Hello,

Yes, I can brows the internet normally (http, https, Nokia Store, ...).

My router does well NATing but has no (outside) firewall rules enable (all the outside trafic is allowed).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MarkFergy

I have a similar issue.

It is not with enabling developer mode, I was able to do that a couple of days ago and everything downloaded and installed ok.

Today though I tried to install the utilities package after enabling developer mode and it failed with the same error.

Download failed

Can't complete the download.
Connection to the application provider was lost. Try again later.

I can connect to the Internet via the web browser so the connection to my router is ok.

I have tried a number of times over the past couple of hours still no success. Is there possibly an issue with the host developer mode connects to when downloading the packages?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ESerieUser

I have found something:

If I use an other Wifi connexion (= another adsl modem), I hve no problem to download !

Now, I am back at home and I can not download the rest of the utilities (same error message)

But I don't understand where is the problem.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ESerieUser

Hello,

I think that the problem is with the DNS IP address: if I enter manually the DNS IP address for my WiFi connection, I have no more problem.
(Parameters => internet connection => Edit networks => <MyWiFi> => Auto-retrieve DNS address)

I have found that it's an know problem from the N900

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
weiwei2

i solved it by deleting my wifi connection profile, then reconnect to the same wifi connection
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fahdmeego

hey..is there any firewall settings we can change in the phone...i juz cant activate the developer mode...juz failing to download the related software packages..above mentioned error...moreover iam not using a wifi connection but simply a 2g data plan...pls help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
safvanmk

Re: N9 - connection to the application provider was lost

Dear  sir  

i have  a same problrm .....]

my phone is   NOKIA N9
NOKIA N9 v.PR1.3 DFL61 HARMATTAN 40.2012.21-3 PR 005

intallation time i can see this diloge on my mobile  ..."""can't complete the download. connection to the application provider was lost"""

pls  help to clear the same 

i can't install  any updation of app & wazaap , moxilla Etc.....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: N9 - connection to the application provider was lost

Have a look at post #45 on Page 5 by SeanBangkok here with regards to "free" apps becoming "paid for" apps:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82699&page=5

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.