Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 - Contact Birthday Bug?

Advisor
Accepted Solution

N9 - Contact Birthday Bug?

I seem to have found a bug in Contacts. If I set a birthday for a contact, it shows up as 1 day before when I view the contact. For example, If I set 01/23/1986 for a contact, It displays January 22 1986 for the birthday when I view that contact. It does indeed go to the correct day when clicked on -- in the calendar but shows a day before in text. Can anyone confirm this on your N9 device.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

It doesn't do that on mine. it works perfectly here. Try removing the details and power it off by holding powerbutton in for 8 seconds. Try again.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I think this has something to do with transfering the contacts from my E72 or with the calendar. Working on identifying what exactly it might be. Going to try what you suggested now.

Please use plain text.
Sage
InvinsibleSach

@ Glavata
There is a bug, but i guess its only for the transfer contact from another device or exchange. The date forwards to next date and can not be fixed by editing as well.

The way out of this is
Choose the contact>edit>delete the date>enter the correct date manually

That will fix the date and wont change again

If it helps accept as solution and hit the Green star
Owned Nokia 5110, Nokia 8210, Nokia 8250, Nokia 6610, Nokia 6820, Nokia 9500, Nokia E50, Nokia 8800 , Nokia E71, Nokia N91 4 GB, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N97, iPhone 3GS & finally Nokia N900,Nokia X6, Nokia E55, BB BOLD 9700, iphone 4, Nokia N8; BB Pearl 9100, HTC Legend, & Now Nokia N9. (N900 is the Best)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zenrio

@InvinsibleSach
thats tiring + +
Please use plain text.
Sage
InvinsibleSach

It Is but even if you have 1000 contacts you will hardly have DOB of 100 ppl. Also its only when u Syncing the phone and not doing it manually
Owned Nokia 5110, Nokia 8210, Nokia 8250, Nokia 6610, Nokia 6820, Nokia 9500, Nokia E50, Nokia 8800 , Nokia E71, Nokia N91 4 GB, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N97, iPhone 3GS & finally Nokia N900,Nokia X6, Nokia E55, BB BOLD 9700, iphone 4, Nokia N8; BB Pearl 9100, HTC Legend, & Now Nokia N9. (N900 is the Best)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Is there an app that scans your contacts and adds them to my calendar as recurring events? I had Best Birthday app on my E72 that worked like a charm. Hoping something like that will come to MeeGo :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zenrio

@Glavata nice idea :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SNGTD

Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem with my N9.

And I tried manually, delete and reenter birthdays. When I click save it goes back to 1 day before actual birthday. Any other suggestions pls?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

You need to delete the birthday. Then save the contact. Then reenter edit mode and add the birthday.
Please use plain text.
isfr21

I'm experiencing the same problem as well. The event appears a day after. I was syncing calendar using N900 through bluetooth. I tried so many times and yet this same result happens

Please someone file a bug for this.

Please use plain text.
isfr21

I filed a bug for this. Please vote for it.

https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=324
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

I have this problem, too.  I've transferred all my contacts from an N900 to the N9 via Bluetooth.  Interestingly, I remember having the same problem with older Nokia phones in the past; I think I had it with an N85 as well.

Here's what I noticed: the phone may show the correct date or be off by one day, depending on the time of the day you look at it.  So, what you see in the morning may be different than what you see in the evening for different contacts!  I think this has something to do with time zones, but, regardless, it's obviously a bug.

Now, I just used Nokia PC Suite to open up each of my contacts with a birthday, delete the birthday field, save, open again, add the birthday field back, and save.  This has not helped at all.  I will have to try and do this directly on the phone next.  What a pain!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

I don't think this fixes anything; it just shifts the problem in such a way that the correct date is displayed in the contact view, but if you edit the contact, it may show an incorrect date there.
Please use plain text.