Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: N9 French virtual keyboard bug - unable to ent...

Contributor
akashiiii
Accepted Solution

N9 French virtual keyboard bug - unable to enter à (a grave), é (e acute), è (e grave), etc.

On my Nokia N9, with the French virtual keyboards set, I am unable to enter essential characters such as " à " (a grave), " é " (e acute), " è " (e grave), etc.

Is there a way to enter these characters? Or a solution to this bug?

The only accented character supported for inputs is " ç " (c with a cedillla). This character is rarely used compared to à (a with grace accent), é (e with an acute accent) and è (e with a grave accent).

N900 (physical and virtual) keyboards supported all the above and other accented characters.

A weird twist, there are multiple types of quotation marks supported on the French virtual keyboard (which one would deem totally redundant).

Employee

Re: N9 French virtual keyboard bug - unable to enter à (a grave), é (e acute), è (e grave), etc.

Have you tried long-pressing a character on the virtual keyboard (e.g. "a"), you should then get a selection of the special characters.

Advisor
NathanS

Re: N9 French virtual keyboard bug - unable to enter à (a grave), é (e acute), è (e grave), etc.

Akashiiii, as Pj98 says, you have to long-press on a character to see the special ones. I've got the french keyboard too and i there's no problem with mine. Just press and move your finger to left or right.
Belgian guy speaking french. Sorry for mistakes in my language ;-)
Contributor
akashiiii

Thank you so much for your prompt replies ! :smileyhappy:

It was really kind of you