Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 Google Talk sign-in issue

Counsellor
Layer8
Accepted Solution

N9 Google Talk sign-in issue

When I go to Availability and attempt to sign-in to Google Talk, sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it comes back with "Incorrect password".  If I try again, it always works on the 2nd attempt.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Consistently, and its very irritating :smileysad:

The only service that doesn't fail to log in is my "other email" account. gtalk, facebook, twitter are all experiencing login issues for me

I believe this is being investigated and fingers crossed there will be a fix soon.. But I expect it might be a few months
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Trimi

its killing me! I really hope they fix this soon. Skype has no problem, can leave it online for days

Please use plain text.
Contributor
khoulem

I faced the same issue and JAripi solution works for me.

So delete all your account (nokia, facebook, email, skype ...)

Then reboot your N9

Recreate all your acocunt

Since 1 week, I don't have to enter my password again.

Rgds.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Having this issue, gtalk says I've entered wrong password when it is actually entered correctly because my gmail works fine. What I found is making to go 'all offline' and making 'all online' works, sounds no logic but it is working on mine.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

All Online doesn't always work for me. When I open Availability and select All Online or just Gtalk, it usually (but not always) says "Incorrect password" the first time. If I try again, it works the second time. After that, switching between offline and online usually works fine for some time. If I stay offline for a while, then I may have a problem again. It's obviously a bug. I hope this gets fixed in PR1.2.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ammarmalik166

Search for a solution on how to fix the twitter authentication issue. It involves a few terminal commands. When I was having the twitter issue, I also had incorrect password on my IM accounts too. However doing the twitter fix solved both these problems.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mingu

I think Google automatically logout inactive logons. To resolve this try turning on the two step authetication in Google and generate application specific passwords.

http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1056284&guide=1056283&page=guide.cs

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
coaxmetal

I think that this is because you have both a google mail account and an exchange google account. I had this issue too. I've been able to workaround this: go to Accounts->Google and uncheck the "Gmail" option only leaving the "Google Talk" active. You can configure a "Mail for Exchange" account to use Google mail service, so you should be able to read an emails tool.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

I think I saw Google sign-in issue fix in the change log for PR 1.2, so, hopefully, it'll be taken care of soon...
Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nwobhm73

I have updated my phone with the PR1.2 but I still won't be able to sign-in with my Google account? Or to use GTalk.

Whenever I set up the Google account and when I try to go online... I get message that I have wrong password.
Please use plain text.
farahdmn

Hi,

When i updated my N9 phone SW yesterday, all accounts (Skype, mail for Exchange, other mail accounts...) went down.

For example: when i tried to sign in to skype it didn't accept the password, after deleting the account and trying to creat another account it gives the following Tip: "Account Won't save".

this happens for all other accounts...please do we have a solution?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

This problem has been fixed in PR1.2.  After the update, I don't have any problems with Google sign-in.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Airbus

My N9 (Black 64GB unlocked) running PR1.2 STILL has this issue.

I have disabled my MfE account (but can't delete it becauseit would take all ofmy contacts with it) and I have Google account (with no GMail attached - I sign in using an Apple ID).

GMail is disabled in the Google Account settings.

I have tried the solutions suggested above (all off/online, delete account - restart phone - create account, etc, etc, etc) but none of these work.

It STILL comes up with an error message that says "incorrect password". And it's not incorrect, because I've just signed out of my account on my computer and signed back in aggain using the same password - no problems.

I can't add an avatar and it won't pick up the one that is already on the account - so it is clearly not talking to Google.

Anybody got any other ideas?

Please use plain text.