Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

N9 - Google calendar Sync madness !!

Contributor
wilderwatz
Accepted Solution

N9 - Google calendar Sync madness !!

I am short before gettin mad !

The N9 does not sync propperly with google calendar

I use a Mac Book Pro and have created a calDav account on the N9

When i type an calendar entry into the N9 and sync, this will be shown in the online google calendar and vs. But entries from colleagues or meeting invites dont show up. Also whatever i type into ical at the Mac Book does not show up in the N9. All that works with my Iphone4 so easy.

Can it be, that some settings in google calendar allow only a propper sync with an iphone ?

I need to get this workin, otherwise the N9 is useless.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: N9 - Google calendar Sync madness !!

[ Edited ]

Hi wilderwatz

We understand the frustration that this may have caused you, but unfortunately if you’re running OSX Lion, it is currently not possible to sync it with your N9 because Apple has taken iSync off the operating system. Although you could either downgrade to Snow Leopard or make a virtual operating system to run windows on your Macbook and sync your N9 through that way.

Additionally you can check out this link, which will give you more information on the compatibility of iSync and the OSX versions.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Contributor
wilderwatz

Thanks hazey,

i was thinking anyhow of running windows on the Mac.

I know its of topic here, but i would be very thankful if someone could me hit how to do that 

move to windows best

Thanks

WW

Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

Nice reply HaZey.

Moderator's note: If you want to give instructions to Moderators on how to threat a message, please use "Report inappropriate content" under Options

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

wilderwatz wrote:

Thanks hazey,

i was thinking anyhow of running windows on the Mac.

I know its of topic here, but i would be very thankful if someone could me hit how to do that 

move to windows best

Thanks

WW

No problem at all :smileywink:

Now back to your question on how to run windows on macbooks,  here is a link to guides on different methods of doing this.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Contributor
wilderwatz

by the way, i run Outlook on my MAC.

Any chance to do a sync with outlook not running windows on the MAC?

Have heard that sometimes W-LAN or bluetooth will not run amymore once moved to windows.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

wilderwatz wrote:

by the way, i run Outlook on my MAC.

Any chance to do a sync with outlook not running windows on the MAC?

Have heard that sometimes W-LAN or bluetooth will not run amymore once moved to windows.

I'm afraid that syncing is not available on the latest versions of Mac OSX because of the loss of iSync. Unless you downgrade to Leopard or Snow Leopard, the best way is through installing windows following the methods stated on my previous post.

If you run virtual Windows on a Mac using Parallels, you are able to use WLAN and bluetooth. The virtual windows will share the connection alongside OSX (a tool within the Parallels program).

widerwatz

Thanks a lot hazey !

The parallel variant would then be the choice.

Where do i get the correct windows version ?

I assume that once windows is running and also contacts are synced, then they would appear in car via bluetooth. Currently the N9 connects to the car but "No contacts" in the car display.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

widerwatz wrote:

Thanks a lot hazey !

The parallel variant would then be the choice.

Where do i get the correct windows version ?

I assume that once windows is running and also contacts are synced, then they would appear in car via bluetooth. Currently the N9 connects to the car but "No contacts" in the car display.

Window XP will work fine with parallels and with the Nokia PC Suite.

As for the contacts, do you already have them store on your N9 or is your contact list empty?

widerwatz

I have synced them with my IPhone4.

Superfast via Bluetooth.

But still wondering why they dont apear in the cars display.

I have 2 cars and in none of them they are displayed

Advisor

Don't know about Google CalDAV but I've got my N9 working great with Apple's iCloud and iCal.

Use https://p02-caldav.icloud.com:443 as the CalDAV server on the N9 and your regular iCloud login details.

Advisor

That's really outrageous advice. Downgrade an OS just to get iSync or use Windows?

The N9 has CalDAV support baked in. So does OSX Lion. That's how you do calendar syncing now between a Mac, the cloud, a PC and the N9. iSync is not supported anymore because it's obsolete.

Contributor
Camperman

I don't find the advice outrageous at al. For people who are used to or who prefer to have their information local rather than on somebody else's server, this is good advice. What it comes down to is that Apple have removed isync from the latest update to OSX. I have held off upgrading because of this. I have a number of phones which I use regularly and they all sync well with my Macbook pro, via isync, except my N9, even with the plug in I found.

Thanks for your address for icloud. How did you find that?

I have been trying to migrate my calendar info from my N8 over to my N9, but with no success. The N8 finds no data to transfer, so the sync fails. No idea how I can overcome this, except by syncing my N8 with my mac, which then automatically updates my MobileMe (iCloud) account and then pulling it in via the CalDav account / address you gave. Have to wait till I get home onto my WiFi before I can test it though.

annohsk

How do I migrate my calendar info from ny Nokia N8 or Nokia N9 onto my Nokia Lumia 800? Somebody help me out of this, please.