Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 (MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan) Sync Contacts and Cal...

Sage
wdexplorer

N9 (MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan) Sync Contacts and Calendar with PC

I have recently bought N9 and can not sync contacts and calendar with PC (Outlook, Windows 7, 64 bit), neither via USB or bluetooth.

N9 apparently has sync options with online services (which I don't use) and phones.  I can pair N9 with my PC, Ipad (1) and Samsung Innov8, but when I try to sync my contacts and calendar items (via Settings > Sync & Backup > Sync) N9 does not see my PC, Ipad, and although it still can see Samsung Innov8 it can not sync with it.

N9 is not supported by Nokia PC Suite (although PC Suite recognizes N9, and even provides some functionality) and Ovi Suite, so one can't use these soft for sync. Nokia Link only provides option to sync musice, video and images.

The issue seems to be a killer of the N9, at least for me... 

Anyone knows how to sync contacts and calendar?  

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Re: N9 (MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan) Sync Contacts and Calendar with PC

So far the only reaction from Nokia was that they moved this topic from NSeries to Maemo/MeeGo forum.  Good start, although not helpful.

Meanwhile I've downloaded Nokia Suite Beta and it also does not support N9 (although, when I registered device at Nokia BetaLabs and indicated that I use N9, Nokia Suite was a recommended software).  

It appears that N9  is a dead end.  

Is there any plans to introduce capability of PC sync? If not I should consider returning device to where it belongs -- Nokia

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mingu

Sync your pc calendar to google and then sync from google to your phone. I'm doing that for my contacts and calendar.

/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/N9-sync-contacts-and-calendar/td-p/1174259

/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/Calendar-sync-to-N9/td-p/1172697

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Thanks for this.  I will try it -- at least to have my current contacts synced.

Does this work in both directions (i.e. if I have a new contact in phone, will I be able to sync it with gmail and then with Outlook).  The procedure sounds inconvenient, but it appears to be the only option now.  Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Unfortunately, this does not help.  Gmail imports contacts in CSV or vCard formats, my Outlook contacts are in pst format.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

I finally did it on Windows 7 (64):

1. First make sure you uninstall Nokia PC Suite, Ovi Suite, Nokia Suite, Nokia Link.  Make sure you go to msconfig (Start>Run). In Start-up tab uncheck all Nokia items;

2. Remove all Bluetooth pairing before with your PC from N9 and vise versa.

3. Restart PC and N9 (I have also turned off anti-virus and disconnected from WiFi).

4. Pair N9 with PC

5. Go to Control Panel>Devices and Printers > Double-click N9 icon

6. Choose your sync settings in the left side of the window and sync method in the right side of the window (Back up and synchronization> Synchronize Contacts and Calendar between this computer and the (N9) phone).  I was not able to sync mail and notes, but synced calendar and contacts. This still perfectly works for me.

All tribute goes to eagle3 from gsmarena.com (who actually provided a link http://talk.maemo.org/showpost...ostcount=235) and marrat from talk.maemo.org

Please use plain text.
mc3105

didn't ork for me. When I double click on N9 in Devices and Printers I only get the usual Properties popup - nothing on Sync or Backup and Synchronisation. If I go to the Sync function in Control Panel it doesn't show the N9.
The only thing I can think of is my Windoes 7 is 32 not 64.
I also tried via Google but could not find a way to sync Contacts, only mail and google Talk contacts.

any suggestions? I am about to return the phone to the shop and exercise my satisfaction or money back guarantee
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MyN9

PC SUite (not ovi suite) 7.1.62.1 definitely syncs well with the N9. All the smses appear when I press F5 and I can reply from the computer

Wrote more about it here 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mingu

[ Edited ]

hi mc3105, you can sync outlook contacts and google using go contact sync

http://googlesyncmod.sourceforge.net/

and you can sync google and N9 using mail for exchange

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

I tried PC Suite (3.2.64), it didn't work.  

I also tried Ovi Suite and Nokia Suite -- no success.

The PC Suite does recongnize the phone, and even provides some functionality (such as internet connection) but could not sync my contacts and calendar.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Well, I think I was too happy yesterday to report problem solved (or maybe too tired -- since it tool me quite an effort to do BT sync).

The issue which is annoying is that my calendar items didn't sync properly -- all events were messed, and occurrence for each annual reminder for some reason became weekly :smileyhappy:

Another thing is that when you try to sync contacts -- it will not sync only changes, but will sync the whole contacts anew -- taking pretty much time:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
WHagman

All synchronizing worked directly with Nokia Ovi suite 3.1.1.90 & Windows 7 (64) via bluetooth just had to reboot after fist paring and error message, TQ
Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Doesn't work for me no matter what I do (reboot PC, N9 or both). and for some reason I think it can't work, since Nokia says Ovi Suite does not support N9, they even say that in fact N9 does not support Nokia Suite (which is replacement of Ovi Suite)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michaelrsydney

Yes, it is clear that N( and Ovi Suite will not work and Nokia Link will not work in Windows Vista, only W7. Looks like I am stuck with no reasonable backup system. In addition I am unable to sync my N9 with my older Nokia phone. Thanks Nokia.! If I had known that I could have ditched Nokia completely and gone with an Android phone..
Please use plain text.

N9 is a very good phone but for me its useless without possibility to sync with outlook. When will the problem be solved? Anybody at Nokia who has an answer???

I have tryed all suggested solutions and nothing works.

Please use plain text.

I agree, just return the device

Please use plain text.
Advisor
trinnemaa

Looks like Nokia's deal with Microsoft does not really benefit all Nokia customers. Can't really understand why they did not make the Nokia Link support sync with outlook or may be there was not enough time to make it happen for the first Release software. Nokia also is not really active with these forums to actually give any answers for customers. It's a shame that someone needs to give up great phone like N9 because lack of support for PC connectivity. I personally do not use outlook because it does not come with the windows that also is reason why I will never go for Windows Phone because Microsoft does not give a good ecosystem with their windows 7 as the LIVE version of the outlook is really bad and Outlook does not come with Home edition office. Only calender you get with windows 7 is a widget that does not do anything :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Raysaa

Same for me, I was ready to by N9 but got information that sync and connection don't work with OVi Suite or PC´cSuite the Link ar not compatible with Vista or XP. You are looking at a good (nearly perfect) phone but then it's ending up in nothing.

Nokia do something, because if you do the same with the Nokia Windows phone it will be big fiascoe.

Please use plain text.
Employee
atammin

@raysaa,

We are working already to bring vista and xp support to Nokia Link.

Aki
Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Could you please also let us know if and when a proper contacts and calendar sync will be for N9 and Windows 7 (64 bit)?

Please use plain text.