Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 (MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan) Sync Contacts and Cal...

Registered Member
coherent7

Re: N9 (MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan) Sync Contacts and Calendar with PC

I use PC Suite 7.1.62.1 and it works perfect for the N9.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

[ Edited ]

I've heard it that with some users it works.  However:

First, Nokia PC Suite should not work with N9, as Nokia PC Suite even does not list N9 as supported device.

Second, I've tried it on 2 laptops (both having Windows 7 (64 bit)) it recognized N9, but could not sync.

Third, I'm not the only one having the same problem, meaning that the issue is with N9 and Nokia should deal with this issue, of course if it cares. But if they don't, this will be the last Nokia phone not only for me, but for many others as well.

Please use plain text.
sue1501

I have just got my N9 and am really disappointed that i didnt read these pages b4 i went ahead with it. I managed to get some of my calendar entries from my N8 to sync with the N9 through the phone to phone transfer.  But it only copied approx one third of my entries. Any recurring entries did not transfer.  I use Outlook on my PC and back it up on my phone so i can see all meetings, events, shifts etc. The N9 is pretty useless as a business phone without the ability to do this. Nokia - when is this problem going to be sorted out???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
energy_minis

NOKIA CARE- LESS

how would a firm introduce a smart phone without an ability to sync. with outlook .

What a care-less atitude

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Latest Nokia Suite 3.2.98 supports the N9 in case you follow this procedure:

1) Uninstall current Ovi (Nokia) Suite.

2) Install older Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290. Download here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/NEaBJnfo/Nokia_Ovi_Suite_300290.html

3) Connect your N9 and you will see the N9 connected to this Ovi Suite version

4) Feel free to do an initial synchronisation of contacts or calendar before Suite update

5) Update Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 to Nokia Suite 3.2.98 from Nokia Betalabs

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-beta/download_and_installation

(Do not uninstall the old version)

6) Connect again your N9 :smileywink:

7) Enjoy synchronizing contacts and calendar with Outlook using latest Nokia Suite 3.2.98)

Comment: Nokia Maps are still not supported via Nokia Suite

vision

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Does not work!

When trying to install old version of Ovi Suite it requires to upgrade to the latest version and I end up with no capability to sync contacts and calendars

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Important thing I missed to mention:

Disconnect from internet when you are installing the old version 3.0.0.290 :smileywink:

Otherwise you will not be able to install it.

vision

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

I finally was able to do it: Had to clean my registry from any traces of Nokia and Ovi Suite; installed old version of Ovi Suite and then installed Nokia Suite.  Was able to sync contacts and messages, but calendar sync does not work (Nokia Suites stops responding).

Thank you for this way around.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev187

USE THE MAIL FOR EXCHANGE.

This is my solutions.  Create a gmail account, and set it up on your phone with mail for exchange in the accounts.  You do not even need to use the email, just the contacts, notes, caladars.  

When you set it up, your phone will sync and load all that data to your new (or exisiting) gmail via the mail for exchange, and you can set it to how often you want it to sync.  

If you have a PC you can set your outlook to sync with gmail, if you have a mac you can set your address book to sync with gmail.  And just like that.. real time cloud based sync's no bluetooth, no wifi, no usb cable

I have my E7 and my N9 set up this way.  I make a change on my mac address book, and instantly my N9 and E7 have that change, pics of folks, everything... it works better than any ovi/pc suite and is easy, free....

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Sure... we know this is a well know solution... BUT:

Not everybody wants to share his data with data octopus Google :smileywink:

vision

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

exactly.

Moreover, why should users be forced to use 2 step procedure (Outlook->Gmail->N9), when there MUST be 1 step procedure?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iluskala

Hi to all.

I got my new N9 today and started getting my contacts over from Xpressmusic 5800. Firstly I read many postings about not being able to sync etc. I panicked. Then I setup my FB and Skype accounts on the N9. The contacts downloaded fine. Then I paired two phones and the contacts came over fine. I do not understand what all the fuss is about.

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

I have retried my instruction and it works:

1) Uninstall current Ovi (Nokia) Suite.

2) Disconnect internet and install older Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290. Download here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/NEaBJnfo/Nokia_Ovi_Suite_300290.html

3) Connect your N9 and you will see the N9 connected to this Ovi Suite version

4) Feel free to do an initial synchronisation of contacts or calendar before Suite update

5) Update Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 to Nokia Suite 3.2.100

(Do not uninstall the old version)

6) Connect again your N9 :smileywink:

7) Enjoy synchronizing contacts and calendar with Outlook using latest Nokia Suite 3.2.100)

Comment: Nokia Maps are still not supported via Nokia Suite

In case your Nokia suite crashes while synchronizing calendar with Outlook ==>  I have found the root cause for that and it is described here:

/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/How-to-Sync-N9-with-Ovi-Suite/td-p/1212223#

(Message nr. 4)

winny

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pepepez

The same happened to me.

I am already regretting my decision buying an N9.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

not all people have xpressmusice 5800, some have other models and manufacturers :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pepepez

I tried to configure a MfE Account with google, but it simply doesn't work.

I have a N9 and would like to synchronize my calendar entries in my google account.

It sad to say, but it doesn't work with a CalDAV account in N9.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pepepez

This helps with synchronizing contacts, messages, media (images, music, etc.), but not with synchronizing calendar entries, unless you work with outlook / exchange.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
munken_15

Obviously you have not tried all solutions. Do this to Sync your N9 with MS outlook!

Here's the link, please follow the instructions correctly:

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/11/01/nokia-suite-updated-to-v3-2-98-0-ovi-suite-sync-with-n9/

or just read this instructions:

For those seeking an easier way to sync contacts and calendars using Outlook without going through the cloud (ie, using gmail as a MFE server), then I have stumbled across a solution that works.

Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 will recognise and sync with the N9. It works. You can then upgrade to the current Ovi Suite and it will continue to work – but only if you have created the sync under the 3.0.0.290 version.

Steps: - When you are installing 3.0.0.290, turn off internet connections otherwise Ovi Suite will automatically upgrade before installing - Once installed, turnoff auto-update software (for now) and plug your handset in. It will recognise, install drivers, and say it is ready - Confirm your sync settings, and press sync. - You can then go back online and agree to update your Ovi Suite to the current release

PS – just use google to download a copy of Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 from any other the main download sites.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
incal

Probably the best solution at this time,  3 0.0 290 then upgrade to the latest suite in my case 3.2.100. Of course the applications on the phone do not show up, nor I imagine will phone software updates, or app updates. I think it is shameful of Nokia to introduce a new and not cheap phone and then give it a half assed support. Everybody knows that nokia link is no solution at all. As a user of Nokia phone for over 20 years I say Nokia get with the program and fix this issue.

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

This solution is known since more than three weeks already :smileywink:

/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/N9-MeeGo-1-2-Harmattan-Sync-Contacts-and-Calendar-with-PC/m-p/1197703#M2...

I am using this solution and it works fine... In case the Nokia Suite 3.2.100 crashes while syncing calendar... here the solution:

/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/How-to-Sync-N9-with-Ovi-Suite/m-p/1213579#M29480

winny

Please use plain text.