Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N9 Offline Maps Catalogue Download Fails

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

N9 Offline Maps Catalogue Download Fails

I have deleted the pre-installed offline maps and downloading the maps catalogue fails over WiFi. I could not find any other way than downloading over the WiFi. So I'm left without offline maps.

Also checked Nokia Links but nothing related to maps. Ovi Suite does not support N9 and old PC Suite Maps utility does not work for N9.

Who will support N9???

I need offline maps, can anyone help?

BR.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Can you take it back to a Nokia care point and have them re-install the maps for you?

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Must be a temporary problem, can connect to server now.

Also sorry for posting this one to wrong place :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

No worries, at least it's working now.

How are you finding the N9 so far?

Ray
Please use plain text.
kvtv90105542

Hi!

Just got a N9 and tried to download maps, but I can not connect to the server. Does this mean that it just went off the air again? Or is some other things wrong?

Finn
Please use plain text.
Advisor
michaelsydney

Me too. Cannot update installed maps or download additional maps which is contrary to Nokia advertising of free  navigation downloads on all their smart phones.

Maybe I should return my phone for a refund as they are not honoring their promise?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Coldwaves

kvtv90105542 wrote:

Hi!

Just got a N9 and tried to download maps, but I can not connect to the server. Does this mean that it just went off the air again? Or is some other things wrong?

Did you set your map in online mode?  You can only download and update map when it is in online mode.  When you are in offline mode, it will show the circule but eventually says downloading catalog failed.  In the map, go to the "three lines" in the lower right corner.  Then choose setting and enable online mode.  After this, try to download the catalog to see whether it works. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@michaelsydney

Map data supplied upon N9 is from about two releases ago so does need updating to 0.2.44.110:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
michaelsydney

You may also find that enabling "Allow Background Connections" in Settings - Internet Connection will help, but still painfully slow and frustrating.

Please use plain text.
fakeeye

Hi,

I got the same problem with update of the maps.  My Nokia n9 downloads the full map, but instalation does not finish - it says instalation cancelled.  I tried it many times and result is always the same

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Coldwaves

fakeeye wrote:

Hi,

I got the same problem with update of the maps.  My Nokia n9 downloads the full map, but instalation does not finish - it says instalation cancelled.  I tried it many times and result is always the same

When you installed the map, did you set up the map app in online mode?  It seems the map app has to be in online mode to download and install new maps.  Give it a try to see how it works.

Please use plain text.
fakeeye

Hi,

Maps app is set for on-line mode - still instalation gets aborted at very end of instalation.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

fakeeye wrote:

Maps app is set for on-line mode - still instalation gets aborted at very end of instalation.

@fakeeye

For which country/region/state are you trying to obtain mapping, as can always provide you with direct download link if required?

Please use plain text.
fakeeye

Hello again,

Thanks for Your support - I am looking for latest map of Poland.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

fakeeye wrote:

I am looking for latest map of Poland.

Here you are Poland

You might like to look at my post here for more details how to download maps manually if required:/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/N9-Managing-Maps/m-p/1199959/highlight/true#M37454

User ovikovi has posted details of manual installation HERE but post again if anthing not clear.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ottk

Hi,

I have tried downloading the maps to my N9 several times over wifi, but the maps are not complete to be used offline as there are non-covered areas on maps. The only maps that are complete are the ones that came with the phone pre-installed.

Is there a way to install the maps manually for N9 version 1.2 ?

Ott

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@ottk

I installed all five continents of 0.2.45.110 series by merging decompressed .zip files to their (16) respective folders 0 - 9 and a - f in E:\cities\diskcache upon N9, which would not really be feasible via WLAN. The only downside is that they are not recorded as installed, although all data is present and functional. Other users claim issues here but as essentially Mac user have been installing map data by this method for several years now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ottk

I have maps application version 4.2.55 and map data 0.2.45.109, N9 soft 1.2.

I tried two weeks ago the manual installation by instructions given by ovikovi for all Europe. The maps application then collapsed every time when trying to open maps. So... I went back to wifi download and my N9 is with maps that have empty areas.

Could you post the link where you downloaded the maps.

Ott

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@ottk

For map series 0.2.45.110 Europe 3.27GB and ClientIndexEurope

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ottk

Thanks a lot!

My N9 has now complete maps and the navigation works offline:smileyvery-happy:. What I did probably wrong earlier was that I downloaded maps that were posted earlier than N9 was on the market and those maps just were not compatible with the new meego device.

I kindly ask you to post for me also links for other continents.

Ott

Please use plain text.